Poet Barton Sutter and his brother, singer Ross Sutter, will highlight the ancient connection between poetry and music at noon Sunday at Plymouth Congregational Church, 1900 Nicollet Av. S., Mpls. "This Is the Day: Rejoicing Anyway" will marry Bart Sutter's poetry with Ross Sutter's arrangements of traditional folk songs.
Barton Sutter is the only author to have won a Minnesota Book Award in three categories. Ross Sutter has appeared on "A Prairie Home Companion" and at the Winnipeg Folk Festival.
Their appearance today is part of the Literary Witnesses program.
• The second annual Words at WAM, a collaboration between books bloggers Hazel & Wren and the Weisman Art Museum, will take place from 6-8 p.m. Feb. 27 at the Weisman (on the University of Minnesota campus). The open mic event allows each reader four minutes to read his or her work, of any genre. Go over your time and risk having trashy dime store paperback romances tossed at you. If you're shy, just listen and browse the exhibits.
• Help choose the next book for Minneapolis' "One Minneapolis One Read" community read. Previous titles were "The Grace of Silence," by Michele Norris, and "Spirit Car," by Diane Wilson. Of most interest are books that explore diversity, have a Minnesota tie and are available as an e-book. Submit nominations at www.startribune.com/a2028 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Feb. 11.
• "The Golem and the Jinni," a novel by Helene Wecker, will be published in May by Harper. Wecker is a former Minnesotan and a graduate of Carleton College. Her book, which combines historical fiction and fantasy, is about two supernatural creatures in turn-of-the-century New York.
• "Race in a Bottle: The Story of BiDil and Racialized Medicine in a Post-Genomic Age," by Jonathan Kahn, has been published by Columbia University Press. Kahn is a professor at Hamline University School of Law.
• Book news never sleeps. Stay in touch by following us on Twitter (@StribBooks) and liking us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ startribunebooks)