I was over on campus for the half hour's worth of practice the Gophers allow us in the media to see and came away with a few things of note:
1. Punter Dan Orseske, fresh off his medical redshirt (remember, he got mono early last season) was absolutely booming the ball during warmups. I mean booming.
2. Here was the first-string offensve line, from left tackle to right tackle: Dom Alford, Chris Bunders, D.J. Burris, Matt Carufel, Jeff Wills.
3. The starting defensive line, on Day 1: Defensive ends Ra'Shede Hageman and D.L. Wilhite with tackles Jewhan Edwards and Brandon Kirksey.
4. Cornerbacks were Michael Carter and Ryan Collado.
5. The linebackers: Mike Rallis on the strong side, Gary Tinsley in the middle, Keanon Cooper on the weak side.
ETC: Shady Salamon is now permanently at safety. It looks like the Gophers might move Hageman inside on some plays. Anthony Jacobs looks to be a DT now.