Rocket's not the only one who writes about hockey! Here is commenter Stu's weekly feature. Stu?
Name: Don Beaupre
Claim to Fame, Everywhere Else:
was traded to the Washington Capitals in 1988 (straight-up for Claudio Scremin
), where he returned to All-Star status in 1992. Would also put in time with the Senators and the Maple Leafs before retiring in 1997.
Is He On Twitter: no.
Glorious Randomness: WTCN
became KARE-11, with a brief interval as WUSA during the mid-‘80s, because it was the mid-‘80s and that’s what you did. As part of their rebranding, they also re-named meteorologist Steve Wohlenhaus
as “Sunny Haus,” because it was the mid-‘80s and that’s what you did. I think this is an idea worth revisiting, and I’ve even crafted some suggestions for current on-air weatherpersons. Program directors: firstname.lastname@example.org
if you want to discuss further or details on how to send a 10% cut to my PayPal account. Make that 15%. These are golden.
- Mike Augustyniak: Gusty Michaels
- Belinda Jensen: Bella Stormcloud
- Sven Sundgaard: NO CHANGE NECESSARY GO HUSKIES WOOOOO!
- Jerrid Sebesta: Jim Tornado
- Ken Barlow: Kenny Blizzard
- Jonathan Yuhas: Telly Hughes
- Keith Marler: Chase Updraft
- Chris Shaffer: Clint Shovel