Page 2 of 2 Previous
In 2011, Bishop’s last full season with Green Bay, he recorded 115 tackles, 90 of them solo, which were good for eighth-most in the NFL, and he had five sacks and two forced fumbles. In 2010, Bishop became a starter at middle linebacker, replacing the injured Nick Barnett, and he recorded 103 tackles, 75 solo, with three sacks, two forced fumbles and an interception.
• Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor was asked if there was any news on the proposed remodeling of Target Center? “Well, nothing really new. … I think we have most things resolved. I think right now it’s in the hands of the attorneys to draw up a contract, an agreement, on how we might proceed in the future. Then it has to be OK’d by the City Council.”
• Hennepin County Commissioner Mike Opat was asked who gets the money taken in by the parking ramps close to Target Field. “The city gets that money,” Opat said. “Those ramps were partially funded by the federal government and the city, so the city operates them. The City of Minneapolis has done just fine by the ballpark. There’s additional entertainment taxes that have been collected there every year that didn’t happen before at the Dome. Their parking ramps are utilized those 81 dates to a much greater extent than they ever were.”
• ESPN draft analyst Chad Ford released his latest mock draft and two players with Minnesota ties made the second-round list. Ford had Roseville native and Bucknell center Mike Muscala going with the first pick of the second round to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Ford wrote: “[Muscala] is one of the most skilled big men in the draft and a steal at 31.” With the 46th selection, Ford predicts that the Utah Jazz will select St. Cloud Tech product Nate Wolters , a guard from South Dakota State. “The Jazz would be thrilled if Wolters was still on the board here,” Ford wrote.
• Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway and his “Lead The Way Foundation’’ will have their 10th annual Charity Golf Tournament and Gala on Monday at Mendakota Country Club in Mendota Heights. Lead the Way is partnered the Bohannon Group to raise money to help chronically ill children in the Twin Cities.
• The early line out of Las Vegas on the Gophers football opener with UNLV has Minnesota as a 13-point favorite.
• Reid Travis, the great DeLaSalle football and basketball player, is telling friends that he hasn’t decided for sure yet whether he will play football or basketball in college but that he will decide later this summer.
Sid Hartman can be heard weekdays on 830-AM at 6:40, 7:40 and 8:40 a.m. and on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. email@example.com
|Tampa Bay - LP: J. Odorizzi||2||FINAL|
|Boston - WP: J. Lester||6|
|Seattle||3||Top 7th Inning|
|Phoenix||66||3rd Qtr 2:32|
|NY Islanders||5||3rd Prd 9:07|
|Toronto||3||3rd Prd 12:04|
|William & Mary||74||FINAL|
|North Dakota St||83|
|South Dakota St||60||FINAL|
|San Francisco||34||1st Half 1:18|
|South Dakota St||58|
|San Jose St||75||FINAL|
|(5) West Virginia||71||FINAL|
|San Diego State||63|