Page 2 of 2 Previous
His 85.7 success rate is fourth best in NFL history among those with at least 100 field goals made. The top three: Mike Vanderjagt (86.5), Nate Kaeding (86.2) and Rob Bironas (85.8).
• • •
Lions running back Reggie Bush has more respect for Arizona’s run defense than he does the Vikings run defense, which allowed him to rush for 90 yards on 21 carries (4.3) last week.
“I do think this game is going to be a lot tougher for us to run the ball,” Bush wrote in his blog on detroitlions.com. Arizona gave up only 67 yards rushing but allowed 299 passing in a loss to St. Louis last week.
• • •
Film of the Redskins’ Week 1 loss to Philadelphia had to help the Packers prepare their Week 2 game plan against quarterback Robert Griffin III. Clearly, RG3 isn’t quite ready to really test that surgically repaired right knee.
He ran only five times for 24 yards, looked tentative, out of sync and did not step into his throws. He had only 160 yards passing through three quarters before notching 169 more in the fourth for a career-high 329 in the failed comeback.
Three observations …
• Thursday was the first time a Bill Belichick-coached Patriots team won a game despite having more punts (11) than first downs (nine).
• Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who had 217 yards passing and 112 rushing in a near upset of the Colts, isn’t a good enough passer to take full advantage of the read-option.
• Southern Cal, with 40, had the most players represented on last week’s opening-day rosters. The Vikings have four: Matt Cassel, Rhett Ellison, Matt Kalil and Everson Griffen.
Two predictions …
• Eli Manning will surprise all of us again, upsetting older brother Peyton at home.
• The Browns, who are at Baltimore, will do their part in trying to make next week’s Vikings home opener a battle of 0-2 teams.
|Chicago WSox - WP: R. Belisario||7||FINAL|
|Detroit - LP: J. Soria||4|
|Colorado - LP: P. Hernandez||1||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - WP: J. Arrieta||3|
|St. Louis - WP: S. Miller||6||FINAL|
|San Diego - LP: O. Despaigne||2|
|Philadelphia - WP: A. Bastardo||10||FINAL|
|Washington - LP: G. Gonzalez||4|
|LA Angels - WP: H. Santiago||1||FINAL|
|Baltimore - LP: R. Webb||0|
|Seattle - WP: J. Beimel||6||FINAL|
|Cleveland - LP: B. Shaw||5|
|Cincinnati - WP: J. Cueto||3||FINAL|
|Miami - LP: T. Koehler||1|
|Minnesota - LP: C. Thielbar||3||FINAL|
|Kansas City - WP: Y. Ventura||6|
|Toronto - WP: A. Sanchez||6||FINAL|
|Houston - LP: C. Qualls||5|
|Pittsburgh - LP: J. Locke||4||FINAL|
|Arizona - WP: O. Perez||7|
|Atlanta - LP: J. Teheran||1||FINAL|
|Los Angeles - WP: C. Kershaw||2|
|NY Giants||8/3/14 7:00 PM|
|Toronto||8/1/14 6:00 PM|
|Brt Columbia||8/1/14 9:00 PM|
|Saskatchewan||8/2/14 6:00 PM|
|Saskatchewan||8/7/14 7:30 PM|
|Edmonton||8/8/14 6:00 PM|
|Hamilton||8/8/14 9:00 PM|
|Ottawa||8/9/14 6:30 PM|
|Aug 8 - vs. Oakland||7 pm|
|Aug 16 - vs. Arizona||7:30 pm|
|Aug 23 - at Kansas City||7 pm|
|Aug 28 - at Tennessee||7 pm|
|2014 regular season|
|Sep 7 - at St. Louis||Noon|
|Sep 14 - vs. New England||Noon|
|Sep 21 - at New Orleans||Noon|
|Sep 28 - vs. Atlanta||3:25 pm|
|Oct 2 - at Green Bay||7:25 pm|
|Oct 12 - vs. Detroit||Noon|
|Oct 19 - at. Buffalo||Noon|
|Oct 26 - at Tampa Bay||Noon|
|Nov 2 - vs. Washington||Noon|
|Nov 9 - Bye|
|Nov 16 - at Chicago||Noon|
|Nov. 23 - vs. Green Bay||Noon|
|Nov. 30 - vs. Carolina||Noon|
|Dec 7 - vs. NY Jets||Noon|
|Dec 14 - at Detroit||Noon|
|Dec 21 - at Miami||Noon|
|Dec 28 - vs. Chicago||Noon|