Access Vikings Premium FAQ
- What is Access Vikings Premium?
- What content and features does Access Vikings Premium offer?
- How much does Access Vikings Premium cost?
- I'm concerned about sending my credit card information across the Internet - how secure is it?
- If I live outside the United States, will my payment be adjusted for the difference in currency or figured at the U.S dollar rate?
- How do renewals work?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What is your refund policy?
- I notice that your site uses cookie technology. What does this mean?
- May I save my username and password so I don't need to enter them each time I visit?
- Can I use my subscription from more than one computer -- for example, at work and at home?
- I'm a subscriber, I'm logged in and I can't see any Access Vikings Premium content. What can I do to correct this?
- What privacy protection do you offer?
- I entered my name and address when I registered. How will you use that information?
- How can I retrieve my username and password?
- How can I change my E-mail address or password?
- How do I change my credit card information?
- How can I get technical support?
- How is the billing information displayed on my credit card statement?
- Why doesn't my credit card work?
- Can I change my account or extend the term of my subscription?
- May I post an article or image from Access Vikings on my own Web site?
What is Access Vikings Premium?
Access Viking Premium, a service of The Star Tribune Company above and beyond our main Access Vikings site, is the premier online source for analysis, commentary and insight into the Minnesota Vikings. Access Vikings offers exclusive features and members-only content to users who pay a 3-month or 12-month annual fee. Sign-up today.
What content and features does Access Vikings Premium offer?
Columnists: Access Vikings Premium provides analysis and commentary from our lineup of regular columnists, including Jim Souhan, Patrick Reusse and Mark Craig.
Chats: During the regular season, get in on exclusive member-only chats with other Vikings fans. Judd Zulgad, Chip Scoggins or Mark Craig will take your questions, provide their insight and give you their predictions.
Gameday Photo Gallery: View extensive game photos from award-winning photographers after each game.
How much does Access Vikings Premium cost?
You can register for membership to Access Vikings Premium either on a 3 or 12 - month basis. You can access the premium site for just pennies a day - rates are $5.95 for 3 months and $19.95 for 12 months. All subscriptions are auto-renewed at the end of each term.
I'm concerned about sending my credit card information across the Internet - how secure is it?
All credit card transaction information is sent from your browser to our servers via a securely encrypted connection and stored in encrypted form. We value your business and take seriously the task of protecting your information.
If I live outside the United States, will my payment be adjusted for the difference in currency or figured at the U.S dollar rate?
In the interest of simplicity and speed in billing, you can use your credit card and we will bill at the U.S. dollar rate.
How do renewals work?
As agreed to in the registration process, we will renew your subscription automatically at the end of the term, based on your original date of subscription (i.e. 3 months or 12 months). You will receive an E-mail in advance of the renewal, reminding you of the subsequent charge.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you have any issues with the Access Vikings Premium service, please let us know by submitting a request to our support team at email@example.com . We will do our best to resolve the problem for you. If you want to cancel your subscription, you can do so on by accessing our Account Management page.
What is your refund policy?
If for some reason you do not wish to continue your subscription to Access Vikings Premium, you may cancel at any time. If you refund within seven days of your purchase, you will receive a complete refund. If you cancel your subscription and request a refund after seven days, you will receive a refund prorated to the amount of your subscription rate. To request a refund, please e-mail us.
I notice that your site uses cookie technology. What does this mean?
Access Vikings Premium depends on special files called "cookies" so that our servers can recognize you as a registered member and provide appropriate access to premium content. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer's hard drive.
May I save my username and password so I don't need to enter them each time I visit?
As long as cookies are enabled on your browser you won't have to log in. The Access Vikings Premium servers will automatically recognize you without entering any user name or password information. Most browsers handle this automatically, so you probably won't have to worry about cookies unless you've disabled them. If you deleted your cookie file for any reason, just log in again (please note the user e-mail and password you set during the sign-up process).
Can I use my subscription from more than one computer -- for example, at work and at home?
Yes. For your personal convenience, just use the same username and password on your browser at each location from which you wish to access Access Vikings Premium. To protect Access Vikings Premium from abuse of accounts, however, if our servers detect that the same registered account is being used from an unreasonable number of discrete locations, we reserve the right to cancel that account.
I'm a subscriber, I'm logged in and I can't see any Access Vikings Premium content. What can I do to correct this?
First, make sure you haven't turned "cookies" off in your browser. If you still have trouble, send us a request via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-999-2734.
What privacy protection do you offer?
I entered my name and address when I registered. How will you use that information?
Access Vikings Premium will only use your name and address to verify payment information. Your information is confidential and we will not share this personal information with any third parties.
How can I retrieve my username and password?
If you have lost or forgotten your username or password, you can retrieve them at our username and password retrieval page.
How can I change my E-mail address or password?
You can change your E-mail or password on our edit/update account page.
How do I change my credit card information?
Use the following steps to edit your credit card information: Log-in to our Credit Card Account Management page. Using your E-mail address and password. Select "Edit Credit Card Info," make your changes and choose "Submit Changes."
How can I get technical support?
You may contact customer service via E-mail at email@example.com or call 1-800-999-2734.
How is the billing information displayed on my billing statement?
On your billing statement you will find the name of our billing service, AccessVikings.com.
Why doesn't my credit card work?
AccessVikings.com accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB and Diners Club International. The following are common reasons your transaction may be declined:
- Address Verification: Make sure that the address you listed corresponds to your billing address with your credit card company.
- Invalid Information: Invalid information was submitted or a card number or card type is not supported.
- Excessive Usage: The credit card shows excessive usage. Even if you still have credit left on your credit card you may receive this message if you have used it for multiple Internet transactions on the same day. Try the card again later.
- Banking Network Decline: The banking network rejected the sale. Try the card again later. Blocks by the network are usually resolved/removed in a day or so.
- Chargeback History: The card shows a previous chargeback history. A card with a chargeback history will not be accepted. A history of chargebacks and refund requests will result in your card being blocked for many Internet sales.
Can I change my account or extend the term of my subscription?
Just visit our Subscription Account Management page, to make any changes in your account or extend your subscription (for example, if you are one week into a 3-month subscription, you can immediately convert to a 12-month subscription through the management screens).
May I post an article or image from Access Vikings on my own Web site?
No. You may create Web links to any URL on Access Vikings (i.e. http://www.accessvikings.com or www.startribune.com/vikings), including articles. But you may not reproduce on another Web site or create a Web frame around any part of this service (including, but not limited to, text, content, photographs, graphics, video or audio). You may download an article or image for personal, non-commercial entertainment or information use only, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright, or other notices contained in the content.