vikings at Ravens
Noon Sunday M&T Bank Stadium
TV: Ch. 9
Radio: 100.3-FM, 1130-AM
ABOUT THE RAVENS RECORD: 6-6
• Have won three of their past four games. They defeated the Steelers 22-20 on Thanksgiving Day.
• The defending Super Bowl champions have reached the playoffs for five consecutive years, the longest streak in the NFL.
• Have won 10 of their past 16 games against the NFC.
• RB Ray Rice, who finished 11th in the NFL with 1,143 rushing yards last year, has just 482 rushing yards this season.
• Without S Ed Reed, who left in free agency, and retired LB Ray Lewis, the Ravens still rank 10th in total defense, allowing 329 yards a game.
• Have allowed 16.9 points per game in their past 11 games, fourth best in the NFL in that span.
PLAYER SPEAK QB Joe Flacco
• Flacco, below, has 2,993 passing yards this season and is on pace to break his career high set last year (3,817).
• The Super Bowl XLVII MVP has 119 completions of 25 yards or more since 2010, sixth most in the NFL (23 such passes this year).
• On running game issues: “I think earlier in the year it was just one block here, one block there, then our running backs were beat up for a little bit. … I think we’re really working on it and getting better and better.”
• On Vikings’ pass rushers: “The big thing is they’re relentless. They’ve got a high motor. They keep coming, and they keep coming.”
COACH SPEAK John Harbaugh
• The 51-year-old Harbaugh is in his sixth season as head coach of the Ravens.
• On Steelers coach Mike Tomlin’s $100,000 fine for hindering a Ravens kick return last week: “The NFL does a good job looking at all that stuff — coaches, players and officials on the field. They monitor that sort of thing. Things happen, and it’s addressed the way it should be.”
• On Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson: “We see him as a potential game wrecker. We’ve very familiar with him.”
• On rebooting team identity: “We would like to think our identity stays the same. We are what we stand for and what we believe in, yet there are so many changes made personnel wise. Then you have to change your style of play to fit your talent. That’s a challenge.”
|Seattle - WP: R. Elias||5||FINAL|
|LA Angels - LP: C. Wilson||3|
|Stephen F Austin||44|
|Fla Gulf Coast||72|
|Aug 9 - vs. Houston||7 pm||X||27-13|
|Aug 16 - at Buffalo||6 pm||X||20-16|
|Aug 25 - at San Francisco||7 pm||X||34-14|
|Aug 29 - vs. Tennessee||7 pm||X||24-23|
|2013 regular season|
|Sep 8 - at Detroit||Noon||X||34-24|
|Sep 15 - at Chicago||Noon||X||31-30|
|Sep 22 - vs. Cleveland||Noon||X||31-27|
|Sep 29 - vs. Pittsburgh (in London)||Noon||X||34-27|
|Oct 6 - Bye|
|Oct 13 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||35-10|
|Oct 21 - at. NY Giants||7:40 pm||X||23-7|
|Oct 27 - vs. Green Bay||7:30 pm||X||44-31|
|Nov 3 - at Dallas||Noon||X||27-23|
|Nov 7 - vs. Washington||7:25 pm||X||34-27|
|Nov 17 - at Seattle||3:25 pm||X||41-20|
|Nov. 24 - at Green Bay||Noon||26-26|
|Dec 1 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||23-20|
|Dec 8 - at Baltimore||Noon||X||29-26|
|Dec 15 - vs. Philadelphia||Noon||X||48-30|
|Dec 22 - at Cincinnati||Noon||X||42-14|
|Dec 29 - vs. Detroit||Noon||X||14-13|