Vikings at Green Bay
Lambeau Field TV: Ch. 9
Radio: 100.3-FM, 1130-AM
ABOUT THE Packers RECORD: 5-5
• The Packers have lost three consecutive games since defeating the Vikings 44-31 on Oct. 27.
• QB Aaron Rodgers (broken left collarbone) will miss his third consecutive game. Scott Tolzien (five interceptions in the past two games) will make his second career start.
• Green Bay had a season-low 55 rushing yards in a 27-13 loss to the Giants on Sunday.
• The Packers have won seven of their past eight games against the Vikings (including playoffs).
• Green Bay has won 10 of its past 11 regular-season games at Lambeau Field against NFC North opponents.
• Sixteen of the past 22 contests between the Packers and Vikings have been decided by seven points or fewer.
Player Speak LB Clay Matthews
• Matthews had four tackles in Sunday’s loss to the Giants.
• Matthews missed four weeks because a broken right thumb he suffered on Oct. 6 against the Lions.
• On team’s three-game losing streak: “We’re not going to use any excuses and obviously we need to play better, but we got a great opportunity in front of us.”
• On Rodgers’ absence: “I think everybody knew how valuable he was when he won MVP. … Obviously there was going to be a drop off, but that’s no excuse for dropping three straight.”
Coach Speak Mike McCarthy
• The 50-year old McCarthy is in his eighth season as Packers head coach. He’s 12-4 all-time against the Vikings.
• On Tolzien: “I think he’s done a lot of good things for us as far as his individual performance. The one outlier is the interceptions. That’s an area of focus for us.”
• On run offense: “Our run game has been effective this year. It’s something we need to pick back up. We haven’t run the ball like we needed to in the last two weeks.”
• On injuries this season: “Every NFL season is different. I don’t play fantasy football. We know the challenges that come each and every week. We’ve had different challenges this year than other years.”
|Los Angeles - LP: P. Maholm||7||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - WP: V. Worley||12|
|San Francisco||5||Bottom 12th Inning|
|Texas||1||Top 14th Inning|
|Boston - LP: J. Peavy||3||FINAL|
|Toronto - WP: J. Happ||7|
|Miami - WP: J. Turner||6||FINAL|
|Atlanta - LP: M. Minor||5|
|San Diego - LP: E. Stults||0||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - WP: K. Hendricks||6|
|Cincinnati - LP: S. LeCure||3||FINAL|
|Milwaukee - WP: F. Rodriguez||4|
|Cleveland - WP: D. Salazar||8||FINAL|
|Minnesota - LP: Y. Pino||2|
|Kansas City||7||Bottom 9th Inning|
|Tampa Bay - WP: J. Odorizzi||7||FINAL|
|St. Louis - LP: A. Wainwright||2|
|Washington||7||Bottom 8th Inning|
|Detroit||2||Bottom 7th Inning|
|Houston||2||Top 6th Inning|
|Baltimore||0||Bottom 5th Inning|
|NY Mets||2||Top 6th Inning|
|Calgary||7/24/14 8:00 PM|
|Winnipeg||7/25/14 9:00 PM|
|Ottawa||7/26/14 6:00 PM|
|Toronto||7/26/14 9:00 PM|
|Phoenix||67||4th Qtr 9:44|
|Aug 8 - vs. Oakland||7 pm|
|Aug 16 - vs. Arizona||7:30 pm|
|Aug 23 - at Kansas City||7 pm|
|Aug 28 - at Tennessee||7 pm|
|2014 regular season|
|Sep 7 - at St. Louis||Noon|
|Sep 14 - vs. New England||Noon|
|Sep 21 - at New Orleans||Noon|
|Sep 28 - vs. Atlanta||3:25 pm|
|Oct 2 - at Green Bay||7:25 pm|
|Oct 12 - vs. Detroit||Noon|
|Oct 19 - at. Buffalo||Noon|
|Oct 26 - at Tampa Bay||Noon|
|Nov 2 - vs. Washington||Noon|
|Nov 9 - Bye|
|Nov 16 - at Chicago||Noon|
|Nov. 23 - vs. Green Bay||Noon|
|Nov. 30 - vs. Carolina||Noon|
|Dec 7 - vs. NY Jets||Noon|
|Dec 14 - at Detroit||Noon|
|Dec 21 - at Miami||Noon|
|Dec 28 - vs. Chicago||Noon|