Page 2 of 2 Previous
The only other time they have done it was against Tampa Bay on Oct. 2, 1983. The last NFL team to do it was the 49ers back on Nov. 21, 1988.
• • •
Bears quarterback Jay Cutler won’t start Monday against the Packers. But is that good or bad? Yeah, he’s better than Josh McCown. But … Cutler is 1-7 vs. the Packers with nine touchdown passes, 16 interceptions and a 61.5 passer rating.
Of course, Matt Forte isn’t any better against the Pack. Forte averages 51.7 yards per game and 3.4 yards per carry when he faces Green Bay. Come to think of it, the whole Bears team struggles against the Packers. Green Bay has won six in a row, including an NFC title game, while holding Chicago to just seven offensive touchdowns.
• • •
The Lions, who have a bye, are the first team since the 2003 Vikings to have an 800-yard receiver and a running back with 800 total yards through eight games, according to Stats LLC.
Receiver Calvin Johnson, coming off a 329-yard outing against Dallas, has 821 yards. Running back Reggie Bush has 853 total yards (518 rushing, 335 receiving). In 2003, the Vikings had Randy Moss with 878 yards receiving and running back Moe Williams with 801 total yards. Scott Linehan was Vikings offensive coordinator in 2003 and is now Detroit’s OC.
Three observations …
• Now suspended indefinitely, receiver Justin Blackmon has further solidified the Vikings’ selection of Matt Kalil as the no-brainer draft pick of 2012.
• Safety Tyrann Mathieu, the Cardinals’ third-round draft pick and the most controversial figure in this year’s draft, is one of six NFL players with at least two interceptions, a sack and a forced fumble. He was named NFL defensive rookie of the month for October.
• Peyton Manning’s fourth-quarter passer rating: 122.3, No. 1. Eli Manning’s fourth-quarter passer rating: 40.9, No. 38.
Two predictions …
• The Bills are tough enough at home – beating Baltimore and Carolina and losing to New England and Cincinnati by a combined five points — to hand the Chiefs their first loss of the season.
• The newly balanced Packers will rush for more than 200 yards against Chicago’s 25th-ranked run defense.
|Atlanta - LP: A. Wood||0||FINAL|
|Philadelphia - WP: A. Bastardo||1|
|Cleveland - LP: D. Salazar||5||FINAL|
|Detroit - WP: J. Verlander||7|
|Toronto - LP: R. Dickey||0||FINAL|
|Minnesota - WP: K. Gibson||7|
|Seattle - LP: J. Beimel||6||FINAL|
|Texas - WP: P. Figueroa||8|
|Los Angeles - WP: H. Ryu||2||FINAL|
|San Francisco - LP: M. Bumgarner||1|
|Colorado - WP: F. Morales||3||FINAL|
|San Diego - LP: I. Kennedy||1|
|St. Louis - WP: A. Wainwright||8||FINAL|
|Washington - LP: T. Jordan||0|
|Milwaukee - LP: R. Wooten||2||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - WP: E. Volquez||11|
|NY Yankees - WP: C. Sabathia||10||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - LP: D. Price||2|
|Toronto - LP: S. Santos||5||FINAL|
|Minnesota - WP: C. Fien||9|
|Boston - WP: J. Lester||3||FINAL|
|Chicago WSox - LP: R. Belisario||1|
|Kansas City - WP: J. Shields||5||FINAL|
|Houston - LP: S. Feldman||1|
|Aug 9 - vs. Houston||7 pm||X||27-13|
|Aug 16 - at Buffalo||6 pm||X||20-16|
|Aug 25 - at San Francisco||7 pm||X||34-14|
|Aug 29 - vs. Tennessee||7 pm||X||24-23|
|2013 regular season|
|Sep 8 - at Detroit||Noon||X||34-24|
|Sep 15 - at Chicago||Noon||X||31-30|
|Sep 22 - vs. Cleveland||Noon||X||31-27|
|Sep 29 - vs. Pittsburgh (in London)||Noon||X||34-27|
|Oct 6 - Bye|
|Oct 13 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||35-10|
|Oct 21 - at. NY Giants||7:40 pm||X||23-7|
|Oct 27 - vs. Green Bay||7:30 pm||X||44-31|
|Nov 3 - at Dallas||Noon||X||27-23|
|Nov 7 - vs. Washington||7:25 pm||X||34-27|
|Nov 17 - at Seattle||3:25 pm||X||41-20|
|Nov. 24 - at Green Bay||Noon||26-26|
|Dec 1 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||23-20|
|Dec 8 - at Baltimore||Noon||X||29-26|
|Dec 15 - vs. Philadelphia||Noon||X||48-30|
|Dec 22 - at Cincinnati||Noon||X||42-14|
|Dec 29 - vs. Detroit||Noon||X||14-13|