Page 2 of 2 Previous
• Second-year Vikings kicker Blair Walsh missed a 53-yard field goal attempt, the first miss from 50 or longer in his career. Walsh, who has been battling a hamstring injury, has 12 of 50 or longer, and his streak of 12 makes in a row tied an NFL record. Later, given another opportunity to try a 52-yarder, the Vikings punted, but Jeff Locke’s kick went into the end zone for a net of 15 yards.
• Jared Allen made his 100th consecutive start, the longest active streak among NFL defensive linemen. Allen’s 100 consecutive games played also has moved him into first place among active NFL defensive linemen. Dallas’ DeMarcus Ware saw his streak of 134 end Sunday.
• The back tightness that Matt Kalil experienced this past week didn’t cause him to miss the game. Kalil started after being listed as questionable. The No. 4 overall pick in the 2012 draft missed two days of practice in order to get treatment on his back. He said Saturday that it felt better and he was optimistic he would play.
• The Vikings lost fullback Matt Asiata to a shoulder injury and tight end Rhett Ellison to an ankle injury in the second half.
• Cullen Loeffler participated in his 145th game, breaking Mike Morris’ Vikings team record for a long snapper. Loeffler recovered a fumbled punt return in Giants territory in the third quarter, but Freeman gave the ball back on an interception.
• The Giants played without their two leading rushers — Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) and David Wilson (neck). That left rookie Michael Cox, who made his first career carries Monday, and the veteran Hillis.
• The Vikings defense had another shaky start as the Giants opened the game with a 17-play drive that ended with a Josh Brown field goal of 35 yards. The drive lasted 9 minutes, 36 seconds as New York converted three third-down attempts and had five first downs.
• Former Giants defensive end Justin Trattou returned to MetLife Stadium as a visitor. Trattou joined the Giants as an undrafted rookie out of Florida in 2011. He played six games that year, spent 2012 on injured reserve and played five games with three more tackles before being released two weeks ago. The Vikings signed him Oct. 9, but he was inactive Monday.
• The teams combined for 463 yards of offense, or 287 yards fewer than the 750 they produced on punts.
|Washington||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|San Francisco||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Seattle||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Chicago||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Houston||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Buffalo||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|New England||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Philadelphia||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Kansas City||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|NY Jets||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|Arizona||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|New Orleans||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Green Bay||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Cincinnati||12/15/13 7:30 PM|
|Baltimore||12/16/13 7:40 PM|
|New York||6:30 PM|
|LA Lakers||7:00 PM|
|New Jersey||6:00 PM|
|SE Louisiana||7:00 PM|
|Missouri State||7:00 PM|
|Ark-Little Rock||7:00 PM|
|Ark-Pine Bluff||7:00 PM|
|Army||12/14/13 2:00 PM|
|Alcorn State||5:00 PM|
|Ohio Valley||6:05 PM|
|Grand Canyon||7:00 PM|
|San Diego||9:00 PM|
|Long Beach St|
|Aug 9 - vs. Houston||7 pm||X||27-13|
|Aug 16 - at Buffalo||6 pm||X||20-16|
|Aug 25 - at San Francisco||7 pm||X||34-14|
|Aug 29 - vs. Tennessee||7 pm||X||24-23|
|2013 regular season|
|Sep 8 - at Detroit||Noon||X||34-24|
|Sep 15 - at Chicago||Noon||X||31-30|
|Sep 22 - vs. Cleveland||Noon||X||31-27|
|Sep 29 - vs. Pittsburgh (in London)||Noon||X||34-27|
|Oct 6 - Bye|
|Oct 13 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||35-10|
|Oct 21 - at. NY Giants||7:40 pm||X||23-7|
|Oct 27 - vs. Green Bay||7:30 pm||X||44-31|
|Nov 3 - at Dallas||Noon||X||27-23|
|Nov 7 - vs. Washington||7:25 pm||X||34-27|
|Nov 17 - at Seattle||3:25 pm||X||41-20|
|Nov. 24 - at Green Bay||Noon||26-26|
|Dec 1 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||23-20|
|Dec 8 - at Baltimore||Noon||X||29-26|
|Dec 15 - vs. Philadelphia||Noon|
|Dec 22 - at Cincinnati||Noon|
|Dec 29 - vs. Detroit||Noon|