Page 2 of 2 Previous
“Who doesn’t want to go play with Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford and Reggie Bush? It’s a perfect opportunity,” said Ogletree, who caught eight passes for 70 yards and a touchdown in the Buccaneers’ first four games. With Nate Burleson and Patrick Edwards injured, Ogletree should play Sunday.
• • •
No, Green Bay hasn’t returned to the days of Lombardi’s Packers’ Sweep. But the Packers are averaging 5.3 yards per carry, second best in the league.
And after 44 consecutive regular-season games without a 100-yard rusher, they enter Sunday’s game against the Lions with a two-game streak of 100-yard rushers. A year ago, the Packers averaged only 3.9 yards per carry.
Three observations …
• Updating Jared Allen’s stat sheet vs. Steelers left tackle Mike Adams: 2½ sacks, one holding call, one key hurry and one Steelers trade for Cardinals left tackle Levi Brown.
• A confident Panthers QB Cam Newton travels this week to Arizona, where he threw for 422 yards and two TDs in his NFL debut in 2011.
Next up: A Winfield-free (maybe) Metrodome next Sunday.
• Percy Harvin is a great player, but teams that have employed him but were unable to play him because of injuries are 8-0 in their past eight regular-season games.
Two predictions …
• The Lions’ streak of losses in Wisconsin will reach 23 on Sunday.
• The Bears’ 29th-ranked pass rush won’t enjoy facing Drew Brees.
|Kansas City - LP: B. Chen||1||FINAL|
|Cleveland - WP: C. Kluber||5|
|Cincinnati - WP: T. Cingrani||2||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - LP: B. Cumpton||1|
|Chicago WSox - LP: J. Quintana||4||FINAL|
|Detroit - WP: M. Scherzer||7|
|St. Louis - LP: L. Lynn||1||FINAL|
|NY Mets - WP: B. Colon||4|
|Minnesota - WP: R. Nolasco||9||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - LP: E. Bedard||7|
|Arizona - WP: M. Bolsinger||5||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: E. Jackson||2|
|San Diego||3||Bottom 8th Inning|
|Baltimore||11||Bottom 8th Inning|
|NY Yankees||7||Top 7th Inning|
|Oakland||6||Top 4th Inning|
|Philadelphia - K. Kendrick||9:10 PM|
|Los Angeles - D. Haren|
|Oklahoma City||49||3rd Qtr 6:34|
|LA Clippers||9:30 PM|
|Boston||1||2nd Prd 6:05|
|San Jose||9:30 PM|
|Aug 9 - vs. Houston||7 pm||X||27-13|
|Aug 16 - at Buffalo||6 pm||X||20-16|
|Aug 25 - at San Francisco||7 pm||X||34-14|
|Aug 29 - vs. Tennessee||7 pm||X||24-23|
|2013 regular season|
|Sep 8 - at Detroit||Noon||X||34-24|
|Sep 15 - at Chicago||Noon||X||31-30|
|Sep 22 - vs. Cleveland||Noon||X||31-27|
|Sep 29 - vs. Pittsburgh (in London)||Noon||X||34-27|
|Oct 6 - Bye|
|Oct 13 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||35-10|
|Oct 21 - at. NY Giants||7:40 pm||X||23-7|
|Oct 27 - vs. Green Bay||7:30 pm||X||44-31|
|Nov 3 - at Dallas||Noon||X||27-23|
|Nov 7 - vs. Washington||7:25 pm||X||34-27|
|Nov 17 - at Seattle||3:25 pm||X||41-20|
|Nov. 24 - at Green Bay||Noon||26-26|
|Dec 1 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||23-20|
|Dec 8 - at Baltimore||Noon||X||29-26|
|Dec 15 - vs. Philadelphia||Noon||X||48-30|
|Dec 22 - at Cincinnati||Noon||X||42-14|
|Dec 29 - vs. Detroit||Noon||X||14-13|