Vikings at Chicago
TV: Ch. 9
ABOUT THE BEARS record: 1-0
• The Bears, down 21-10 to Cincinnati midway through the third quarter last week, scored the final 14 points of the game to win 24-21 in Marc Trestman’s NFL head coaching debut.
• The comeback, which featured TD drives of 80 and 81 yards, marked the first time since 1980 the Bears trailed by 11 or more in the second half and had two drives of 80 or more yards in a comeback win.
• Cornerback Charles Tillman had two interceptions vs. Cincinnati, giving him 35 for his career. That accounted for two of three Bears takeaways.
• WR Brandon Marshall, who had 104 receiving yards vs. Cincinnati, has 126 catches for 1,612 yards and 12 TDs since joining the Bears in 2012. It is the third-most receiving yards in the league during that time.
player talk chicago qb jay cutler
• Cutler completed 21 of 33 passes for 242 yards, two TDs and one interception Sunday. In the two second-half TD drives, he was a combined 8-for-10 for 135 yards and a TD.
• On how Trestman’s offense could keep him healthier (Cutler was not sacked Sunday): “That’s the idea. If the ball’s not in my hands, they can’t sack me.”
• On having an offensive-minded head coach: “I think any quarterback, at the end of the day, wants the head guy to be an offensive guy. For selfish reasons, obviously.’’
• On getting to know Trestman: “It’s been give-and-take, about things he likes to do on the field and things I like to do. He’s been really receptive to my ideas.”
coach speak marc trestman
• In 28 years of coaching overall, Trestman has been a part of 19 winning seasons and 16 playoff appearances. That includes two stints with the Vikings as an assistant — running backs coach from 1985-86 and QB coach in 1990 and 1991.
|New England||2/1/15 5:30 PM|
|Coll of Charleston||47||FINAL|
|(9) Florida State||82||FINAL|
|(11) Arizona State||68||FINAL|
|Aug 8 - vs. Oakland||7 pm||X||10-6|
|Aug 16 - vs. Arizona||7:30 pm||X||30-28|
|Aug 23 - at Kansas City||7 pm||X||30-12|
|Aug 28 - at Tennessee||7 pm||X||19-3|
|2014 regular season|
|Sep 7 - at St. Louis||Noon||X||34-6|
|Sep 14 - vs. New England||Noon||X||30-7|
|Sep 21 - at New Orleans||Noon||X||20-9|
|Sep 28 - vs. Atlanta||3:25 pm||X||41-28|
|Oct 2 - at Green Bay||7:25 pm||X||42-10|
|Oct 12 - vs. Detroit||Noon||X||17-3|
|Oct 19 - at. Buffalo||Noon||X||17-16|
|Oct 26 - at Tampa Bay||Noon||X||19-13 ot|
|Nov 2 - vs. Washington||Noon||X||29-26|
|Nov 9 - Bye|
|Nov 16 - at Chicago||Noon||X||21-13|
|Nov. 23 - vs. Green Bay||Noon||X||24-21|
|Nov. 30 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||31-13|
|Dec 7 - vs. NY Jets||Noon||X||30-24 ot|
|Dec 14 - at Detroit||3:25 pm||X||16-14|
|Dec 21 - at Miami||Noon||X||37-35|
|Dec 28 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||13-9|