Page 2 of 2 Previous
• Wally Ellenson, who finished second in the high jump at the U.S. junior track and field championships and qualified for the Pam Am Games in August in Colombia, expects to continue competing in both basketball as well as track and field under new Gophers men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino.
• Cretin-Derham Hall defensive end Jashon Cornell is ranked as the No. 1 football recruit in the country for the class of 2015, according to ESPN.com. Cornell, listed at 6-3 and 238 pounds, will be visiting the Gophers this weekend but also has visited Notre Dame, were several former Raiders players have attended.
• Jeff Jones, the Gophers running back recruit from Minneapolis Washburn who is the top rated player in the state for the class of 2014, recently participated in the Opening, perhaps the biggest football camp in the country, held at the Nike headquarters in Beaverton, Ore. Jones received an invitation after winning the running back MVP honors at the Nike Football Training Camp in Chicago.
• Twins first-round draft pick Kohl Stewart has a 1.13 ERA over eight innings in his first three games with the Gulf Coast League Twins. The 18-year-old righthander, drafted fourth overall this year, has seven strikeouts to five hits and one walk. ESPN.com baseball writer Keith Law recently ranked Stewart as the 30th best prospect in baseball.
• Rashad Vaughn, the former Cooper High School basketball standout who is now with Findlay Prep in Nevada, is playing at the Nike Global Games for USA Midwest. Vaughn went 6-for-14 from the field and scored 14 points in a victory over Brazil on Thursday. Last week, Vaughn had a standout performance and shared MVP honors at the Reebok Breakout Classic in Philadelphia, scoring 33 points while hitting nine three-pointers.
|Fla Gulf Coast||81|
|San Jose St||76||FINAL|
|San Diego State||76|
|Aug 8 - vs. Oakland||7 pm||X||10-6|
|Aug 16 - vs. Arizona||7:30 pm||X||30-28|
|Aug 23 - at Kansas City||7 pm||X||30-12|
|Aug 28 - at Tennessee||7 pm||X||19-3|
|2014 regular season|
|Sep 7 - at St. Louis||Noon||X||34-6|
|Sep 14 - vs. New England||Noon||X||30-7|
|Sep 21 - at New Orleans||Noon||X||20-9|
|Sep 28 - vs. Atlanta||3:25 pm||X||41-28|
|Oct 2 - at Green Bay||7:25 pm||X||42-10|
|Oct 12 - vs. Detroit||Noon||X||17-3|
|Oct 19 - at. Buffalo||Noon||X||17-16|
|Oct 26 - at Tampa Bay||Noon||X||19-13 ot|
|Nov 2 - vs. Washington||Noon||X||29-26|
|Nov 9 - Bye|
|Nov 16 - at Chicago||Noon||X||21-13|
|Nov. 23 - vs. Green Bay||Noon||X||24-21|
|Nov. 30 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||31-13|
|Dec 7 - vs. NY Jets||Noon||X||30-24 ot|
|Dec 14 - at Detroit||3:25 pm||X||16-14|
|Dec 21 - at Miami||Noon||X||37-35|
|Dec 28 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||13-9|
Poll: Who is doing the best job coaching a Minnesota pro sports team?