TV: Ch. 9
Line: Texans by 7 1/2
• The Texans can clinch home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs with a victory Sunday.
• In a matchup of strengths, the Texans have the fifth-best rushing defense and have allowed a league-low three rushing TDs. But Houston did allow Indianapolis to rush for 4.96 yards per attempt last week.
• A victory would give the Texans a 7-1 home record, a franchise best.
• Houston RB Arian Foster is fourth in the NFL in rushing, and the Texans have the fifth-ranked rushing game, just behind No. 4 Minnesota.
PLAYER TALK DEFENSIVE ENd J.J. WATT
Watt is redefining what a defensive end can do in a 3-4 scheme. He is tied for the league lead with 19.5 sacks, and is the only player to record 15 sacks and 15 passes defensed in the same season since the stat was first tracked in 1991.
• On almost being a Golden Gopher: "I was committed to Central Michigan, then Brian Kelly left, so I committed to Minnesota. Then Glen Mason was relieved, so I ended up back at Central Michigan." Watt transferred to Wisconsin in 2008.
• On chasing the NFL single-season sack record of 22 1/2: "Obviously it's a goal of mine. But No. 1 is winning a Super Bowl. [But] if you're not trying to break it, what's the point?"
• On the two teams' similar offensive styles: "They're a very physical team, and [they] pride themselves on being able to run the football. In a lot of ways, we're the same way."
• On Adrian Peterson: "He's not one of those guys you chart and say, 'Well, he runs between the tackles or runs the edges.' This guy runs successfully all over the field. And the home run ability is what scares the hell out of you."
• On Vikings offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, who played for Kubiak: "I have a lot of respect for Billy. He was one of the smartest players I've ever coached. I think he's doing a great job. They've got a strength to what they're doing."
|Baltimore||0||Bottom 7th Inning|
|NY Yankees||1||Bottom 8th Inning|
|Miami-Fla||1||Top 9th Inning|
|Pittsburgh||8||Bottom 7th Inning|
|San Francisco||1||Top 2nd Inning|
|Cleveland||0||Top 2nd Inning|
|Boston College||3:05 PM|
|Arizona State||4:10 PM|
|LA Lakers||6:00 PM|
|NY Islanders||7:30 PM|
|Los Angeles||8:30 PM|
|San Jose||9:00 PM|
|Ole Miss||6:00 PM|
|Eastern Mich||6:00 PM|
|Kent State||6:00 PM|
|Rhode Island||6:00 PM|
|Youngstown St||6:00 PM|
|North Carolina||6:00 PM|
|Kennesaw St||6:00 PM|
|Fla Gulf Coast|
|Wright State||7:00 PM|
|Western Mich||7:00 PM|
|Nebraska Omaha||7:00 PM|
|Houston Baptist||7:00 PM|
|NC State||8:00 PM|
|Texas A&M||8:00 PM|
|West Virginia||8:00 PM|
|Charleston Southern||16||2nd Half|
|Coastal Carolina||5:00 PM|
|West Virginia||7:00 PM|
|Fresno State||8:00 PM|
|San Jose St||8:00 PM|
|San Diego State|
|Aug 8 - vs. Oakland||7 pm||X||10-6|
|Aug 16 - vs. Arizona||7:30 pm||X||30-28|
|Aug 23 - at Kansas City||7 pm||X||30-12|
|Aug 28 - at Tennessee||7 pm||X||19-3|
|2014 regular season|
|Sep 7 - at St. Louis||Noon||X||34-6|
|Sep 14 - vs. New England||Noon||X||30-7|
|Sep 21 - at New Orleans||Noon||X||20-9|
|Sep 28 - vs. Atlanta||3:25 pm||X||41-28|
|Oct 2 - at Green Bay||7:25 pm||X||42-10|
|Oct 12 - vs. Detroit||Noon||X||17-3|
|Oct 19 - at. Buffalo||Noon||X||17-16|
|Oct 26 - at Tampa Bay||Noon||X||19-13 ot|
|Nov 2 - vs. Washington||Noon||X||29-26|
|Nov 9 - Bye|
|Nov 16 - at Chicago||Noon||X||21-13|
|Nov. 23 - vs. Green Bay||Noon||X||24-21|
|Nov. 30 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||31-13|
|Dec 7 - vs. NY Jets||Noon||X||30-24 ot|
|Dec 14 - at Detroit||3:25 pm||X||16-14|
|Dec 21 - at Miami||Noon||X||37-35|
|Dec 28 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||13-9|
Poll: With Adrian Peterson's suspension overturned, what should the Vikings do?