Mall of America Field
TV: Ch. 9 (100.3-FM, 1130-AM)
Line: 49ers by 7
• The physical 49ers defense has produced 40 take-aways since the start of the 2011 season, including 25 interceptions (two this season) and 15 fumble recoveries. That's the second most in the league in that time. The 49ers offense, meanwhile, has turned the ball over only once this season.
• Coach Jim Harbaugh is 15-3 in regular-season games. That includes a 7-2 road record.
• The 49ers have five returning All-Pros, including three on defense -- DT Justin Smith, LB Patrick Willis and LB NaVorro Bowman.
• Running back Frank Gore, in his eighth season, is the 49ers' career leader in rushing with 7,826 yards. Since 2005 he has 30 100-yard games, best in the NFL. His 201 yards this season is fourth most in the league.
Smith (below) has thrown 216 passes without an interception dating to last season and has posted a passer rating over 100 in each game (the 49ers are 12-0 when he does this). His 115.9 passer rating is second highest in the league.
• "I don't feel I'm doing anything special, just playing football," he said. "Playing more consistently, just doing my job. Not trying to do too much, which I had done in the past."
• On Harbaugh's impact: "Football is the ultimate team sport. Coaches are included when I say that. They're so involved -- game plans, preparation through the week, calling the game. So it's huge. It's total team chemistry, everything working together.''
• On the importance of the opening-day victory at Green Bay: "I thought it showed our team could win under adverse circumstances against a very good football team."
• On his offensive philosophy: "What we envision is to be a team that can move the football, score points and strive to be a balanced team that's two-dimensional, with a fastball and a curve."
• On what impresses him about WR Randy Moss: "All things that come under being a football player. That's everything. Good guy, good in the locker room, good teammate, fast, smart, aggressive football player. Knows the game. Loves the game. There's a lot of adjectives you could use there."
|San Diego||12/12/13 7:25 PM|
|Washington||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|San Francisco||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Seattle||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Chicago||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Houston||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Buffalo||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|New England||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Philadelphia||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Kansas City||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|NY Jets||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|Arizona||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|New Orleans||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Green Bay||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Cincinnati||12/15/13 7:30 PM|
|Baltimore||12/16/13 7:40 PM|
|Central Conn St||73|
|Central Penn College||72||FINAL|
|South Dakota St||59||FINAL|
|Army||12/14/13 2:00 PM|
|SE Missouri St||34||FINAL|
|Aug 9 - vs. Houston||7 pm||X||27-13|
|Aug 16 - at Buffalo||6 pm||X||20-16|
|Aug 25 - at San Francisco||7 pm||X||34-14|
|Aug 29 - vs. Tennessee||7 pm||X||24-23|
|2013 regular season|
|Sep 8 - at Detroit||Noon||X||34-24|
|Sep 15 - at Chicago||Noon||X||31-30|
|Sep 22 - vs. Cleveland||Noon||X||31-27|
|Sep 29 - vs. Pittsburgh (in London)||Noon||X||34-27|
|Oct 6 - Bye|
|Oct 13 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||35-10|
|Oct 21 - at. NY Giants||7:40 pm||X||23-7|
|Oct 27 - vs. Green Bay||7:30 pm||X||44-31|
|Nov 3 - at Dallas||Noon||X||27-23|
|Nov 7 - vs. Washington||7:25 pm||X||34-27|
|Nov 17 - at Seattle||3:25 pm||X||41-20|
|Nov. 24 - at Green Bay||Noon||26-26|
|Dec 1 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||23-20|
|Dec 8 - at Baltimore||Noon||X||29-26|
|Dec 15 - vs. Philadelphia||Noon|
|Dec 22 - at Cincinnati||Noon|
|Dec 29 - vs. Detroit||Noon|