Lucas Oil Stadium
TV: Ch. 9 (100.3-FM, 1130-AM)
Line: Vikings by 1 1/2
• The Colts parlayed their 2-14 record of 2011 into the No. 1 overall draft pick, taking QB Andrew Luck. They have a new coach in Chuck Pagano, who was the Ravens defensive coordinator.
• Under Pagano and defensive coordinator Greg Manusky, the Colts have traded in the 4-3, Tampa-2 style defense in favor of a hybrid 3-4 scheme. Robert Mathis had two sacks in the opening 41-21 loss at Chicago.
• Playing behind an injury-riddled offensive line, Luck passed 45 times against the Bears. He threw for 309 yards but was sacked three times, intercepted three times and lost a fumble.
• Luck's Stanford teammate, tight end Coby Fleener, was the Colts' second-round pick and had six catches Sunday.
• Colts linebacker Jerrell Freeman became the first undrafted NFL player since 1987 to return an interception for a touchdown in his debut.
The top pick of the 2012 draft has an easy job: Step into the starting role and make people forget Peyton Manning. No pressure, right?
"I knew there were going to be some things I wouldn't be prepared for," Luck said. "And there were. Little things. But it was fun. I think I definitely got over the fact that it was my first NFL game, all that stuff, and it felt just like another football game after about the first series."
The Colts lost, something Luck might have to get used to. "I'm disappointed because we didn't get the win," he said. "And because I committed four turnovers. So, definitely, an overall feeling of disappointment. But it is a good motivation for this week.''
The Indianapolis coach on:
• The running game; RB Donald Brown averaged 5.3 yards on nine carries: "We ran the ball well, and we'd like to run more consistently, but we dug ourselves a hole [against Chicago]. When we got behind we had to throw the ball 45 times. That's not what we're looking for."
• Receiver Reggie Wayne's impact on Luck's play: "There is already a trust level between those two guys. ... Andrew knows Reggie is going to be where he's supposed to be."
• On Robert Mathis and his adjustment to a 3-4 scheme: "He dived right into that thing. And you can see it obviously paid off. He had two sacks [against the Bears] and was able to play as well as he played.''
|San Diego||12/12/13 7:25 PM|
|Washington||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|San Francisco||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Seattle||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Chicago||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Houston||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Buffalo||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|New England||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Philadelphia||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Kansas City||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|NY Jets||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|Arizona||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|New Orleans||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Green Bay||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Cincinnati||12/15/13 7:30 PM|
|Baltimore||12/16/13 7:40 PM|
|LA Clippers||6:30 PM|
|San Antonio||7:00 PM|
|Oklahoma City||7:00 PM|
|Los Angeles||6:30 PM|
|Claflin||40||2nd Half 14:20|
|Boston Univ||6:00 PM|
|North Dakota St||6:00 PM|
|North Dakota||6:00 PM|
|Penn State||6:00 PM|
|Alcorn State||7:00 PM|
|Prairie View||8:00 PM|
|New Mexico St||8:00 PM|
|Northwestern St||8:00 PM|
|Weber State||8:05 PM|
|Utah Valley U|
|Army||12/14/13 2:00 PM|
|Northwestern St||6:00 PM|
|Saint Peters||6:00 PM|
|Eastern Michigan||6:00 PM|
|Indiana Tech||6:00 PM|
|Boston U||6:00 PM|
|(12) Penn State||7:00 PM|
|South Dakota St|
|Air Force||7:00 PM|
|Lewis-Clark State||8:00 PM|
|Utah Valley U||8:00 PM|
|Aug 9 - vs. Houston||7 pm||X||27-13|
|Aug 16 - at Buffalo||6 pm||X||20-16|
|Aug 25 - at San Francisco||7 pm||X||34-14|
|Aug 29 - vs. Tennessee||7 pm||X||24-23|
|2013 regular season|
|Sep 8 - at Detroit||Noon||X||34-24|
|Sep 15 - at Chicago||Noon||X||31-30|
|Sep 22 - vs. Cleveland||Noon||X||31-27|
|Sep 29 - vs. Pittsburgh (in London)||Noon||X||34-27|
|Oct 6 - Bye|
|Oct 13 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||35-10|
|Oct 21 - at. NY Giants||7:40 pm||X||23-7|
|Oct 27 - vs. Green Bay||7:30 pm||X||44-31|
|Nov 3 - at Dallas||Noon||X||27-23|
|Nov 7 - vs. Washington||7:25 pm||X||34-27|
|Nov 17 - at Seattle||3:25 pm||X||41-20|
|Nov. 24 - at Green Bay||Noon||26-26|
|Dec 1 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||23-20|
|Dec 8 - at Baltimore||Noon||X||29-26|
|Dec 15 - vs. Philadelphia||Noon|
|Dec 22 - at Cincinnati||Noon|
|Dec 29 - vs. Detroit||Noon|