• All games that go into overtime cannot end on a field goal on the first possession. The opposing team must get one series, and if it also kicks a field goal, the extra period continues. If the team with the first possession scores a touchdown, the game would end. This is already a playoff rule.
• Replay officials have permission to review turnovers just as they review all scoring plays.
• A team will lose a down for illegally kicking a loose ball.
• Too many men on the field becomes a dead ball foul.
• A player receiving a crackback block is now considered a defenseless player and the hit will result in a 15-yard penalty.
• Not passed were proposals to have the booth official handle video reviews rather than the referee, and outlawing the horse-collar tackle made on quarterbacks in the pocket.
• Several bylaw changes were tabled until the league meetings in May, including expanding preseason rosters to 90, designating one player suffering a major injury before Week 2 of the season as eligible to return from injured reserve, and moving the trading deadline back two weeks to after Week 8.
|Miami||1||Top 2nd Inning|
|NY Yankees||0||Bottom 2nd Inning|
|Philadelphia||3||Bottom 1st Inning|
|Tampa Bay||2||Bottom 1st Inning|
|Los Angeles||1||Top 1st Inning|
|Chicago Cubs - T. Wood||7:10 PM|
|St. Louis - C. Martinez|
|Oakland - J. Hahn||7:10 PM|
|Minnesota - P. Hughes|
|Texas - R. Detwiler||7:10 PM|
|Houston - D. Keuchel|
|Arizona - J. Collmenter||7:40 PM|
|Colorado - T. Matzek|
|Seattle - F. Hernandez||9:05 PM|
|LA Angels - M. Shoemaker|
|San Diego - T. Ross||9:15 PM|
|San Francisco - M. Bumgarner|
|LA Clippers||8:30 PM|
|NY Rangers||6:30 PM|