• We haven't heard the last of the Cowboys in the NFC East. Their next four games: Buffalo, at Washington, Miami, at Arizona. The Giants' next four games: at San Francisco, Philadelphia, at New Orleans, Green Bay.
• Is it really possible that Cincinnati is the best team in the AFC? Yes. Then again, the Bengals have yet to face either Pittsburgh or Baltimore. Four of their final eight games are against the Steelers and Ravens.
• With a five-game lead in the NFC West, will the 49ers be able to handle clinching their division before December? As long as they stay close to the Packers in the race for the NFC's No. 1 seed, they should be OK.Two bold predictions ...
• The 49ers will be recognized as a legitimate NFC contender after dominating the Giants and improving to 9-1.
• Fans of the Packers and Bears will be bummed to hear I'm not picking the Packers or Bears to lose this week.
|Cleveland - LP: C. Carrasco||6||FINAL|
|Detroit - WP: K. Lobstein||8|
|Chicago Cubs - WP: J. Arrieta||5||FINAL|
|Cincinnati - LP: A. DeSclafani||2|
|Washington - LP: G. Gonzalez||2||FINAL|
|Miami - WP: D. Haren||6|
|Toronto - LP: M. Buehrle||1||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - WP: C. Archer||5|
|Atlanta - LP: T. Cahill||4||FINAL|
|Philadelphia - WP: J. Williams||5|
|Boston - LP: W. Miley||7||FINAL|
|Baltimore - WP: B. Norris||18|
|St. Louis - LP: L. Lynn||3||FINAL|
|Milwaukee - WP: M. Blazek||6|
|Kansas City - LP: K. Herrera||2||FINAL|
|Chicago WSox - WP: D. Robertson||3|
|Kansas City - LP: E. Volquez||3||FINAL|
|Chicago WSox - WP: J. Danks||5|
|Texas||3||Top 11th Inning|
|Houston - WP: T. Sipp||7||FINAL|
|Oakland - LP: T. Clippard||6|
|Los Angeles - LP: S. Baker||1||FINAL|
|San Diego - WP: B. Morrow||3|
|Pittsburgh||8||Bottom 9th Inning|
|Minnesota||2||Top 10th Inning|
|NY Mets - J. Niese||7:05 PM|
|NY Yankees - N. Eovaldi|
|Toronto||31||2nd Qtr 8:59|
|Montreal||1||2nd Prd 12:48|
|Red Bull New York||1|
|Toronto FC||0||1st Half 44:55|