Test your All-Star Game knowledge with these 15 questions. We're betting you'll know a few of the answers and we're guessing that some of them will be really tough.
Test your All-Star Game knowledge:
1. When were previous All-Star games played in Minnesota:
a. 1965 and 1975
b. 1975 and 1985
c. 1985 and 2005
d. 1965 and 1985
e. 1995 and 2005
f. 1965 and 1995
2. Which of these Twins was never an All-Star?
a. Shane Mack
b. Ron Coomer
c. Doug Corbett
d. Dave Engle
e. Camilo Pascual
f. Butch Wynegar
3. How many years was Twins first baseman Kent Hrbek an All-Star?
4. In what year did Harmon Killebrew injure his hamstring during the All-Star Game, causing him to miss six weeks of play?
5. Who was the starting pitcher for the National League in the 1985 All-Star game at the Metrodome?
a. Nolan Ryan
b. Jeff Reardon
c. LaMarr Hoyt
d. Dwight Gooden
e. Scott Garrelts
f. Fernando Valenzuela
6. The first All-Star game was played in 1933 in what city?
a. New York
b. St. Louis
7. Name the catcher who Pete Rose barreled into to end the 1970 All-Star game.
a. Earl Battey
b. Carlton Fisk
c. Ray Fosse
d. Dave Engle
e. Joe Torre
f. Corky Miller
8. Who was the MVP of the 2013 All-Star Game?
a. Glen Perkins
b. Mariano Rivera
c. Matt Harvey
d. Prince Fielder
e. Joe Mauer
f. Max Scherzer
9. Who holds the All-Star game record with six home runs?
a. Willie Mays
b. Joe Mauer
c. Harmon Killebrew
d. Ted Williams
e. Ralph Kiner
f. Stan Musial
10. Who is the only man to be the winning pitcher in three All-Star Games?
a.. Lefty Grove
b. Whitey Ford
c. Lefty Gomez
d. Bob Feller
e. Terry Felton
f. Sandy Koufax
11. The first All-Star Game Home Run Derby was held in what year?
12. Who set the record by hitting 41 homers in the 2005 Home Run Derby?
a. Josh Hamilton
b. Bobby Abreu
c. Sammy Sosa
d. David Ortiz
e. Hee-Sop Choi
f. Ron Coomer
13. Who is the only Twins player to be named the All-Star Game MVP?
a. Joe Mauer
b. Harmon Killebrew
c. Torii Hunter
d. Justin Morneau
e. Kirby Puckett
f. Tom Brunansky
14. In 2002, the All-Star Game ended in a 7-7 tie because the teams ran out of players. Where was that game held?
c. Kansas City
15. Where will the 2015 All-Star Game be played?
Click here for the answers.
|Cleveland - LP: C. Carrasco||6||FINAL|
|Detroit - WP: K. Lobstein||8|
|Chicago Cubs - WP: J. Arrieta||5||FINAL|
|Cincinnati - LP: A. DeSclafani||2|
|Washington - LP: G. Gonzalez||2||FINAL|
|Miami - WP: D. Haren||6|
|Toronto - LP: M. Buehrle||1||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - WP: C. Archer||5|
|Atlanta - LP: T. Cahill||4||FINAL|
|Philadelphia - WP: J. Williams||5|
|Boston - LP: W. Miley||7||FINAL|
|Baltimore - WP: B. Norris||18|
|St. Louis - LP: L. Lynn||3||FINAL|
|Milwaukee - WP: M. Blazek||6|
|Kansas City - LP: K. Herrera||2||FINAL|
|Chicago WSox - WP: D. Robertson||3|
|Kansas City - LP: E. Volquez||3||FINAL|
|Chicago WSox - WP: J. Danks||5|
|Texas - WP: N. Feliz||5||FINAL|
|LA Angels - LP: J. Alvarez||4|
|Houston - WP: T. Sipp||7||FINAL|
|Oakland - LP: T. Clippard||6|
|Los Angeles - LP: S. Baker||1||FINAL|
|San Diego - WP: B. Morrow||3|
|Pittsburgh - WP: F. Liriano||8||FINAL|
|Arizona - LP: J. Hellickson||0|
|Minnesota - WP: C. Fien||4||FINAL|
|Seattle - LP: T. Olson||2|
|NY Mets - LP: J. Niese||4||FINAL|
|NY Yankees - WP: C. Shreve||6|
|Red Bull New York||1|