Here are three observations …
• Josmil Pinto sees 4.42 pitches per plate appearance and his rate of a home run every 16.6 at bats is the best on the Twins. Get him in the lineup.
• It’s great to see that former Twin Frank Viola has recovered from open heart surgery and is about to return to his role as the Mets’ Class AAA pitching coach.
• Seven home runs in seven days? Now I see why the Astros tried to sign George Springer in spring training to a long-term deal before he spent a day in the majors.
… and two predictions
• Trevor May will beat Alex Meyer to the majors this season.
• Meyer, in fact, will pitch very little for the Twins this season, if at all. They are monitoring his innings and limiting his pitch counts.
|Los Angeles - J. Beckett||6:05 PM|
|Pittsburgh - V. Worley|
|San Francisco - Y. Petit||6:05 PM|
|Philadelphia - R. Hernandez|
|Texas - N. Martinez||6:05 PM|
|NY Yankees - C. Whitley|
|Boston - J. Peavy||6:07 PM|
|Toronto - J. Happ|
|Miami - J. Turner||6:10 PM|
|Atlanta - M. Minor|
|San Diego - E. Stults||7:05 PM|
|Chicago Cubs - K. Hendricks|
|Cincinnati - H. Bailey||7:10 PM|
|Milwaukee - J. Nelson|
|Cleveland - D. Salazar||7:10 PM|
|Minnesota - Y. Pino|
|Kansas City - B. Chen||7:10 PM|
|Chicago WSox - S. Carroll|
|Tampa Bay - J. Odorizzi||7:15 PM|
|St. Louis - A. Wainwright|
|Washington - J. Zimmermann||7:40 PM|
|Colorado - Y. Flande|
|Detroit - R. Porcello||8:40 PM|
|Arizona - C. Anderson|
|Houston - B. Oberholtzer||9:05 PM|
|Oakland - S. Kazmir|
|Baltimore - M. Gonzalez||9:05 PM|
|LA Angels - H. Santiago|
|NY Mets - J. deGrom||9:10 PM|
|Seattle - E. Ramirez|
|Calgary||7/24/14 8:00 PM|
|Winnipeg||7/25/14 9:00 PM|
|Ottawa||7/26/14 6:00 PM|
|Toronto||7/26/14 9:00 PM|