Three observations ...
• The Dodgers are in a great spot. They can trade Andre Ethier or Carl Crawford — and eat salary — knowing their outfield depth won’t take much of a hit. And prospect Joc Pederson is not far away.
• It looks like the Pirates could use a spark, and that boost might come from outfield prospect Gregory Polanco.
• The Twins are in a tough spot with the struggling Mike Pelfrey. He needs to pitch his way through his problems, which is hard to do coming out of the bullpen.
... and two predictions
• The Cardinals will catch and pass the Brewers for first place in the NL Central by the end of May.
• The Twins will go 14-15 in May.
|Cleveland - LP: T. Bauer||1||FINAL|
|Minnesota - WP: A. Swarzak||3|
|Cincinnati - LP: M. Leake||1||FINAL|
|Milwaukee - WP: K. Lohse||5|
|Kansas City - WP: W. Davis||2||FINAL|
|Chicago WSox - LP: Z. Putnam||1|
|Washington - LP: S. Strasburg||4||FINAL|
|Colorado - WP: J. De La Rosa||6|
|NY Mets - WP: B. Colon||3||FINAL|
|Seattle - LP: T. Walker||2|
|Detroit - WP: A. Sanchez||11||FINAL|
|Arizona - LP: T. Cahill||5|
|Los Angeles - LP: D. Haren||1||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - WP: F. Liriano||6|
|San Francisco - WP: M. Bumgarner||3||FINAL|
|Philadelphia - LP: J. Papelbon||1|
|Texas - LP: Y. Darvish||1||FINAL|
|NY Yankees - WP: D. Phelps||2|
|Boston - LP: C. Buchholz||4||FINAL|
|Toronto - WP: R. Dickey||6|
|Miami - LP: N. Eovaldi||1||FINAL|
|Atlanta - WP: E. Santana||6|
|Tampa Bay - WP: A. Cobb||3||FINAL|
|St. Louis - LP: L. Lynn||0|
|San Diego - WP: I. Kennedy||8||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: T. Wada||3|
|Houston - LP: B. Peacock||7||FINAL|
|Oakland - WP: J. Chavez||9|
|Baltimore - LP: T. Hunter||2||FINAL|
|LA Angels - WP: J. Weaver||3|
|Winnipeg||7/25/14 9:00 PM|
|Ottawa||7/26/14 6:00 PM|
|Toronto||7/26/14 9:00 PM|
|Winnipeg||7/31/14 6:00 PM|
|Toronto||8/1/14 6:00 PM|
|Brt Columbia||8/1/14 9:00 PM|
|Saskatchewan||8/2/14 6:00 PM|