Page 2 of 2 Previous
• • •
Watch out. Indians righthander Danny Salazar held Toronto to one run over six innings in his major league debut on Thursday — and hit 99 miles per hour on the radar gun.
• • •
Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera has a little bit of a back issue that has to be monitored from time to time.
He didn’t play on July 4 to give it some rest then tweaked it Tuesday when he jumped to catch a throw. But he remained in the game and hit his 29th home run.
• • •
Royals righthander Jeremy Guthrie beat the Yankees on Monday, then did something he always wanted to do — rode a bike over the Brooklyn Bridge.
“I stayed in the bike lane, but I almost hit four people,’’ he said.
Three observations ...
• Setup men should not be part of All-Star Games. Not good enough to start or close.
• Have no problems with Matt Harvey starting the All-Star Game in the city he plays in. He’s having a great year and deserves the honor.
• PETA must be bored. The organization sent a letter to the Rays claiming that tank of cownose rays kept at the park is leading to “harassment” and possible danger from home run balls. Tank has been there since 2006. NOW there’s a letter?
... and two predictions
• The Rangers will make the biggest splash before the trade deadline with either a key starter or power bat.
• The Twins will not trade Glen Perkins. They have him under a good contract, feel they can turn things around in couple of years and want him to be part of the turnaround.
|NY Mets||12:05 PM|
|St. Louis||0||Bottom 1st Inning|
|Chicago Cubs||3:05 PM|
|San Francisco||3:05 PM|
|LA Angels||3:05 PM|
|Chicago WSox||3:05 PM|
|Oklahoma City||7:00 PM|
|LA Clippers||9:30 PM|
|Holy Cross||6:00 PM|