Three observations ...
• The Tigers might trade for a closer anyway, but it’s a good move for them to take a look at Jose Valverde, who reportedly is in better shape than he was last season.
• It’s dangerous to draw conclusions after one week, but Seattle’s Mike Morse looks ready to top his career high of 31 home runs.
• Toronto’s Jose Bautista is asking for it if he continues to complain the way he does about ball/strike calls.
... and two predictions
• Look for Denard Span to score 100 runs with the Washington Nationals.
• The Dodgers will trade Andre Ethier this summer, and eat some salary, to make room for Yasiel Puig.
|Atlanta - LP: A. Wood||0||FINAL|
|Philadelphia - WP: A. Bastardo||1|
|Cleveland - LP: D. Salazar||5||FINAL|
|Detroit - WP: J. Verlander||7|
|Toronto - LP: R. Dickey||0||FINAL|
|Minnesota - WP: K. Gibson||7|
|Seattle - LP: J. Beimel||6||FINAL|
|Texas - WP: P. Figueroa||8|
|Los Angeles - WP: H. Ryu||2||FINAL|
|San Francisco - LP: M. Bumgarner||1|
|Colorado - WP: F. Morales||3||FINAL|
|San Diego - LP: I. Kennedy||1|
|St. Louis||8||Top 8th Inning|
|Milwaukee||2||Bottom 7th Inning|
|NY Yankees||8||Top 7th Inning|
|Toronto||5||Top 7th Inning|
|Boston||0||Bottom 5th Inning|
|Kansas City||4||Top 5th Inning|
|Philadelphia||1||3rd Prd :27|
|Chicago||3||2nd Prd 6:42|
|Los Angeles||9:30 PM|