Three observations ...
• The Tigers might trade for a closer anyway, but it’s a good move for them to take a look at Jose Valverde, who reportedly is in better shape than he was last season.
• It’s dangerous to draw conclusions after one week, but Seattle’s Mike Morse looks ready to top his career high of 31 home runs.
• Toronto’s Jose Bautista is asking for it if he continues to complain the way he does about ball/strike calls.
... and two predictions
• Look for Denard Span to score 100 runs with the Washington Nationals.
• The Dodgers will trade Andre Ethier this summer, and eat some salary, to make room for Yasiel Puig.
|Kansas City - J. Vargas||5:10 PM|
|Cleveland - C. Kluber|
|Toronto - A. Sanchez||5:10 PM|
|Boston - J. Kelly|
|Chicago WSox - H. Noesi||6:05 PM|
|Baltimore - U. Jimenez|
|Tampa Bay - N. Karns||6:05 PM|
|NY Yankees - A. Warren|
|Washington - D. Fister||6:10 PM|
|Atlanta - E. Stults|
|NY Mets - D. Gee||6:10 PM|
|Miami - J. Cosart|
|Milwaukee - J. Nelson||6:10 PM|
|Cincinnati - J. Marquis|
|Pittsburgh - V. Worley||7:05 PM|
|Chicago Cubs - J. Hammel|
|Seattle - T. Walker||7:05 PM|
|Texas - Y. Gallardo|
|Detroit - D. Price||7:10 PM|
|Minnesota - T. Milone|
|Philadelphia - C. Hamels||7:15 PM|
|St. Louis - J. Lackey|
|Colorado - T. Matzek||8:40 PM|
|Arizona - C. Anderson|
|Houston - C. McHugh||9:10 PM|
|San Diego - J. Shields|
|San Francisco - T. Lincecum||9:10 PM|
|Los Angeles - B. Anderson|
|Tampa Bay||6:00 PM|
|NY Islanders||6:30 PM|