Justin Morneau, Denard Span and Jason Repko all suffered concussions while with the Twins. Here are some other players who have recently dealt with concussions.
• Brian Roberts, Orioles: Suffered concussions in September of 2010 and May of last year. Reported to camp Friday but can't take grounders or swing a bat hard.
• Francisco Cervelli, Yankees: A concussion last September ended his season, but he said two weeks ago that he has recovered.
• Chase Utley, Phillies: Missed about a week in September with a mild concussion but returned for the end of the season and playoffs.
• Al Alburquerque, Tigers: Was hit in the head during batting practice in August, causing a concussion. Returned from the DL but didn't pitch well.
• David Freese, Cardinals: Suffered a mild concussion when he was hit in the head with a pitch in August. Missed a handful of games but had a huge postseason.
|Washington||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|San Francisco||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Seattle||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Chicago||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Houston||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Buffalo||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|New England||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Philadelphia||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Kansas City||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|NY Jets||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|Arizona||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|New Orleans||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Green Bay||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Cincinnati||12/15/13 7:30 PM|
|Baltimore||12/16/13 7:40 PM|
|New York||6:30 PM|
|LA Lakers||7:00 PM|
|New Jersey||6:00 PM|
|SE Louisiana||7:00 PM|
|Missouri State||7:00 PM|
|Ark-Little Rock||7:00 PM|
|Ark-Pine Bluff||7:00 PM|
|Army||12/14/13 2:00 PM|
|Alcorn State||5:00 PM|
|Ohio Valley||6:05 PM|
|Grand Canyon||7:00 PM|
|San Diego||9:00 PM|
|Long Beach St|
Poll: Do you agree with baseball's plan to ban collisions at home plate?