Justin Morneau, Denard Span and Jason Repko all suffered concussions while with the Twins. Here are some other players who have recently dealt with concussions.
• Brian Roberts, Orioles: Suffered concussions in September of 2010 and May of last year. Reported to camp Friday but can't take grounders or swing a bat hard.
• Francisco Cervelli, Yankees: A concussion last September ended his season, but he said two weeks ago that he has recovered.
• Chase Utley, Phillies: Missed about a week in September with a mild concussion but returned for the end of the season and playoffs.
• Al Alburquerque, Tigers: Was hit in the head during batting practice in August, causing a concussion. Returned from the DL but didn't pitch well.
• David Freese, Cardinals: Suffered a mild concussion when he was hit in the head with a pitch in August. Missed a handful of games but had a huge postseason.
|Chicago WSox - WP: S. Carroll||6||FINAL|
|Cleveland - LP: Z. McAllister||2|
|Atlanta - WP: M. Minor||11||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: E. Jackson||6|
|NY Yankees - WP: S. Greene||3||FINAL|
|Baltimore - LP: C. Tillman||0|
|Arizona - WP: W. Miley||2||FINAL|
|San Francisco - LP: R. Vogelsong||0|
|St. Louis - WP: A. Wainwright||10||FINAL|
|Milwaukee - LP: J. Nelson||2|
|Miami - LP: M. Dunn||4||FINAL|
|NY Mets - WP: V. Black||5|
|Boston - LP: J. Peavy||2||FINAL|
|Houston - WP: J. Fields||3|
|Minnesota - WP: K. Correia||9||FINAL|
|Colorado - LP: T. Matzek||3|
|Toronto - LP: D. Hutchison||3||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - WP: J. Odorizzi||10|
|Detroit - WP: R. Porcello||5||FINAL|
|Kansas City - LP: J. Shields||1|
|Washington - WP: R. Detwiler||5||FINAL|
|Philadelphia - LP: J. Diekman||3|
|Pittsburgh - WP: J. Wilson||6||FINAL|
|Cincinnati - LP: J. Hoover||5|
|LA Angels - WP: J. Weaver||5||FINAL|
|Texas - LP: M. Mikolas||2|
|San Diego - LP: K. Quackenbush||0||FINAL|
|Los Angeles - WP: K. Jansen||1|
|Oakland - LP: J. Chavez||2||FINAL|
|Seattle - WP: H. Iwakuma||6|
|Red Bull New York||4|
|Sporting Kansas City||2||FINAL|
|Real Salt Lake||0||FINAL|
Poll: What are you most looking forward to during All-Star festivities?