ONE IS BETTER THAN NONE
The calendar hasn't hit July yet, but already, the Twins have played seven 1-0 games this season; Wednesday's game was their fifth 1-0 victory. A look at those five victories:
MAY 3, AT CHICAGO WHITE SOX
WP: Liriano; LP: Jackson RBI: Kubel (HR, fourth inning)
• Francisco Liriano had his remarkable no-hitter, blanking the White Sox after going 1-4 with a 9.13 ERA in April.
MAY 28, VS. L.A. ANGELS (10 INN.)
WP: Burnett; LP: Takahashi RBI: Valencia (single, 10th)
• The Twins got a huge pick-me-up from Anthony Swarzak, who took a no-hitter into the eighth inning in a fill-in start for Liriano.
JUNE 16, VS. CHICAGO WHITE SOX
WP: Blackburn; LP: Buehrle RBI: Cuddyer (HR, 2nd)
• Nick Blackburn scattered seven hits in eight innings; Michael Cuddyer, a .344 career hitter vs. Mark Buehrle, hit his fifth homer in 12 games.
JUNE 18, VS. SAN DIEGO
WP: Baker; LP: Stauffer; RBI: Valencia (HR, 2nd)
• The Twins' sixth victory in a row also was their second 1-0 victory at home in three days. Scott Baker fanned 10 in eight innings.
JUNE 29, VS. L.A. DODGERS
WP: Baker; LP: De La Rosa RBI: Nishioka (grounder, 1st)
• Ben Revere scored after a leadoff triple; Glen Perkins struck out Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp to get out of the eighth.