You nearly missed it, didn’t you? The spring sports season, that is. It’s come, and now it’s almost gone.
Boys’ tennis begins its section playoffs this week. So does softball. Most of us have yet to mow our lawns and the postseason is here.
It does kind of put things into perspective, though. All of the teeth-gnashing and doomsaying about postponements and adjustments and finding a place to play seem so long ago. It’s one of the constants of prep sports — no time to worry about what just happened because there’s always more to come.
We’re in the home stretch with summer vacation in sight. Baseball playoffs begin next week, and the postseasons for lacrosse, track and field and golf get underway the week after that.
If you haven’t had the time to see your favorite team or check out that player you’ve heard so much about, better do it soon.
• Wednesday: St. Anthony at Blake, 4:30 p.m.; St. Louis Park at Benilde-St. Margaret’s, 4:15 p.m.
• Friday: Elk River at Anoka, 7 p.m.
• Saturday: Waconia at New Prague, noon
• Monday: Minnetonka at Hopkins, 4:15 p.m. (they play again Tuesday, same time, same place); Bloomington Jefferson at Prior Lake, 4:15 p.m.
• Tuesday: Norwood Young America at Jordan, 4 p.m.
• Wednesday: Spring Lake Park at Benilde- St. Margaret’s, 4 p.m.
• Friday: Forest Lake at Orono, 5 p.m.
TRACK AND FIELD
• True Team State Meet: Friday and Saturday, at Stillwater High School. The Wayzata boys and Lakeville South girls will get the opportunity to defend their Class 3A championships Friday at 4 p.m. Saturday, Class 1A is scheduled for 10 a.m. with Class 2A beginning at 3 p.m.