Adapted hockey tournament semifinals matchups are set
Adapted floor hockey ci
• North Suburban beat Owatonna 11-1 Friday in the first round of the adapted floor hockey CI state tournament at Bloomington Jefferson High School. North Suburban will play again in the semifinals at noon Saturday. With the top seed in the North Division, North Suburban is attempting to win its second state title in as many years. ... Burnsville/Farmington/Lakeville beat Maple Grove 13-1 in the first round. The Blazing Cats will attempt to take down North Suburban after losing to it in the finals last year. ... On the other half of the bracket, Anoka-Hennepin held on to beat Dakota United 4-2 and advance to the semifinals. ... Top-seeded South Division New Prague/TCU/LSH/Belle Plaine/Jordan took care of South Suburban 13-4 to advance to the semifinals against Anoka-Hennepin.
Adapted floor hockey pi
• Robbinsdale/Hopkins/Mound-Westonka continued its state tournament dominance Friday by beating Minneapolis South 10-0 in the first round. Top-seeded in the North Division, the Robins have won three straight state titles. ... Rochester beat Anoka-Hennepin 7-2 to advance to the semifinals against the Robins. ... On the other side of the bracket, Brainerd-Pillager took down South Suburban 12-6 to advance to the semifinals. ... Dakota United upended Wayzata/Minnetonka 11-1 to advance to the semifinals to take on Brainerd-Pillager.
• SECTION 6: Top-seeded Park Center avenged a section final loss a year ago against DeLaSalle by beating the Islanders 52-34 Friday to advance to the state tournament. The Pirates led by just four points at halftime but outscored DeLaSalle 27-13 in the second half. Cayla McMorris scored a game-high 20 points to lead the Pirates. McKenna DuBois and Mikayla Hayes scored 11 and 10 points, respectively. Camryn Speese led the Islanders with 10 points.
• SECTION 5: Monticello trailed at halftime but fought back in the second half to upend Orono 68-64 in the section final. Grace Sawatzke led the way for the Magic, scoring a team-high 20 points. Alyssa Lentner and Emily Gruber each added 18 points for top-seeded Monticello. Kiera Nelson had 21 points to lead Orono.
• SECTION 4: Simley upset top-seeded New Prague 53-48 Friday to advance to the state tournament. The Spartans led by eight at halftime and held on to claim the win. Abby Kain sparked the victory with a game-high 17 points. Maria Paulsen and Maya DeLao each scored 12 points for Simley. Ella Grote had 14 points for New Prague.
• SECTION 1: Lakeville North took control from the start, brought a 20-point lead into the locker room and then held on to beat Owatonna 73-57 to advance to the state tournament. Polly Sjoberg led the Panthers with 15 points. Erika Rozell had 14 points and teammate Temi Carda 13. Katllin Ptacek had a game-high 24 points to lead the Huskies.
• SECTION 7: Anoka held on to beat Forest Lake 48-45 Friday after a second-half surge from the Rangers. The Tornadoes advanced to the state tournament. Kyrah Fredenburg finished with 13 points to lead top-seeded Anoka. Ashley Bray added 10 points for the Tornadoes. Anna Eckert led second-seeded Forest Lake with 11 points.
• SECTION 8: Elk River led by one point at halftime but couldn’t hang on against the top seed in the section, St. Michael-Albertville. The Knights beat the Elks 75-66 Friday at St. John’s thanks to big performances from Rae Johnson and Sydney Tracy. Johnson finished with a game-high 29 points while Tracy added 25 for the Knights. Erin Autio also finished in double figures with 12 points. Abi Scheid led the Elks with 26 points.
• SECTION 4: Maranatha pulled away in the second half to beat Southwest Christian 73-52 and advance to the state tournament for the fifth year in a row. The Mustangs outscored the Stars 43-24 in the second half.