Altmann’s OT goal lifts East over Elk River
• SECTION 7: Nick Altmann scored 2:08 into the overtime period to give the No. 1 seed Duluth East Greyhounds a 3-2 victory over Elk River to secure a state tournament berth. Altmann finished with two points. Chase Springman had two points for the Elks.
• SECTION 1: Despite getting outshot 34-15, New Prague held off Mankato West to win 3-2 and advance to its first state tournament in school history. The Trojans jumped out to a 3-0 lead after Austin Kilian scored his second goal of the game only six seconds before the second intermission. Conner Wagner made 32 saves for the No. 1 seed Trojans. The Scarlets fought back in the third period and scored two goals.
• SECTION 5: Blake Lizotte broke a 3-3 tie at 14:51 of the third period to give Chisago Lakes the eventual 5-4 victory over Princeton and a trip to the state tournament. Brandon Gillespie scored two goals for the No. 1 seed Wildcats. Collin Buness had three points for the Tigers.
• SECTION 5: Senior center Ian Theisen shined in only his second game back from an ankle injury, scoring a game-high 17 points and adding 10 rebounds, as Osseo ran past Wayzata 81-62. Jordan Dembley added 15 points for the Orioles while teammates Elliot Kane and Wheeler Baker each had 14. … Park Center led by only one at halftime before pulling away from Northwest Suburban Conference rival Centennial 71-55. Isaiah McKay and Arione Farrar each tallied 20 points for the Pirates. Kevin Grow finished with 20 points for the Cougars. … No. 1 seed Champlin Park made quick work of Irondale 93-36.
• SECTION 6: Justin Moes and Careino Gurley each scored 17 points for the Skippers as Minnetonka overcame Minneapolis South 77-67. Kenley Farrow led the Tigers with 19 points. The Skippers had five players finish in double figures. … Jerome Dixon scored 34 points, 15 from beyond the arc, to lead Armstrong over Edina 73-69. … Eden Prairie topped Minneapolis Southwest 94-52 in the first round of the section playoffs. … Hopkins continued to roll as the Royals knocked off St. Louis Park 94-45.
• SECTION 7: Jason Travis set a new Blaine single-game scoring record with 47 points as the Bengals blew past Forest Lake 95-75 to advance to the semifinals. Chris Novak added 20 points for the Bengals. Matt Degendorfer had a huge night for Forest Lake with 38 points in the loss. … No. 6 seed Anoka upset No. 3 seed Cambridge-Isanti 69-66 to advance to the semifinals.
• SECTION 1: Richmond recruit Paul Friendshuh banked in a three-pointer at the buzzer to give New Prague the dramatic overtime victory against Kasson-Mantorville 68-67. Daniel Feneis had 18 points for the Trojans, which saw four players finish in double figures. The KoMets trailed by 13 points at halftime. … Red Wing held off Albert Lea 64-54 to advance to the section semifinals.
• SECTION 3: TC Robinson was clutch at the line for Spring Lake Park, hitting two free throws with two seconds remaining in overtime to seal the victory over Fridley 55-54. Devonte Skrebes scored 28 points to lead the Panthers. Chaney Pal had 19 points for Fridley. … Minneapolis Henry clawed back in the second half to force overtime, but Totino-Grace avoided the upset to win 78-74 in the first round. The Eagles had five players finish in double figures. Seth Sullwold had a team-high 22 points for Totino-Grace. Jovahn Jefferson led the Patriots with 24 points. … DeLaSalle cruised past St. Anthony 84-39 to advance to the section semifinals.
• SECTION 4: Elijah Hannah Jr. was the catalyst in the 87-81 victory for Minneapolis Roosevelt over St. Paul Humboldt. Hannah finished with 33 points to move the Teddies into the quarterfinals. … Concordia Academy beat Mounds Park Academy 72-34 to advance to the quarterfinals against St. Croix Lutheran.
• SECTION 5: T’shawn Holmes scored the game’s first eight points for the Centaurs and they never looked back as Brooklyn Center beat Providence Academy 62-43. Brooklyn Center senior forward Sammie Watkins led all scorers with 17 points.
• SECTION 4: No. 1 seed Maranatha beat Hope Academy 86-36 to move into the quarterfinals.