Park tops Woodbury in 2A
• SECTION 3: Park’s Brent Wallace scored the game’s only goal in the second period and Kyle Strand notched the shutout as the Wolfpack upset Woodbury 1-0. … Blake Storholm tallied two goals and two assists as Rosemount skated past Apple Valley 6-2. Tom Fraune stopped 25 of 27 shots.
• SECTION 7: Reggie Lutz netted the overtime game-winner as Elk River topped Cloquet-Esko-Carlton 4-3. Jake Jaremko’s goal at 15:20 in the third sent the game to overtime and Lutz’s winning goal in the extra period with his second of the night. … Brad Williams’ late third-period goal was the difference as Andover topped St. Michael-Albertville 3-2. The Knights held a 2-1 lead in the third until the Huskies’ John Chorzempa scored at 11:01 to tie. Williams scored at 15:15 to give Andover the lead and the eventual victory.
• SECTION 2: Jack Leschisin stopped 20 shots and Hunter Smith scored two goals as Mound-Westonka topped Richfield 6-0. The White Hawks jumped out to a 2-0 first-period lead and cruised from there, outshooting Richfield 30-20.
Apple Valley wins in OT
• APPLE VALLEY 59, LAKEVILLE NORTH 56 (OT): Lakeville North’s J.P. Macura won the battle, but Apple Valley won the war. Macura scored a game-high 27 and Apple Valley’s Tyus Jones had 25 as the Class 4A, No. 1 ranked Eagles (24-1) defeated the No. 5 Panthers (20-5) in overtime. Jones scored six in the OT to seal the win.
• CHAMPLIN PARK 91, PARK CENTER 56: Ian Smith and Brennan Witt led a big offensive night for the Class 4A, No. 3 ranked Rebels in a victory over the Pirates. Smith led all scorers with 21 and Witt had 19 as Champlin Park (22-2) cruised after building a 14-point halftime lead.
• EAST RIDGE 54, CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 53: The Raptors overcame a 13-point halftime deficit to defeat the Raiders and win the Suburban East conference championship. Jake Knupp had 15 and Sid Tomes added 14 for East Ridge, which held the Raiders to 19 second-half points.
• MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 93, MINNEAPOLIS WASHBURN 78: Tyler Johnson (27) and Edo Walker (24) both topped 20 points to lead North over Washburn in a battle for first place in the Minneapolis City conference. Washburn’s Kevin Gleason scored 20 for the Millers, who fell behind and could not claw their way back. North’s victory puts it alone in first in the conference.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 73, WAYZATA 61: Martha Kuderer’s 31-point night propelled the Eagles to a victory over the Trojans. Kuderer’s total was her most since Eden Prairie’s first game of the season, when she scored 32 against Rosemount.