HOCKEY • BOYS
• EDINA 5, EDEN PRAIRIE 3: The Class 2A, No. 1-ranked Hornets defeated No. 7 Eden Prairie behind two second-period power-play goals and Kieffer Bellows’ three-point night. The Hornets took an early 1-0 lead on Matt Masterson’s first-period tally, and Miguel Fidler and Cullen Munson scored back-to-back power play goals in the second period. Eden Prairie pulled within one goal twice in the third, but Edina dashed any hope of a comeback with answering goals from Bellows and Alec Oesterreich.
• BRECK 5, BLAKE 1: Michael Orke scored two goals and Mark Sharp and Chase Ellingson each had a goal and an assist to lead the Mustangs, ranked No. 4 in Class 1A. Tyler Lindstrom contributed three assists for the Mustangs.
• BURNSVILLE 6, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 1: Cole Borchardt had a goal and three assists as the Blaze, ranked No. 6 in Class 2A, skated past the Cougars.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 5, STILLWATER 1: Spencer Naas scored four goals to lead the Red Knights to the victory. Naas scored a shorthanded goal early in the second period to give the Red Knights a 2-0 lead. Later in the second period, Naas scored 52 seconds after the Ponies had pulled within 2-1.
• DULUTH EAST 6, TARTAN 3: Jack Kolar, Alex Trapp and Nick Altmann each had a goal and two assists to highlight the Greyhounds’ victory. Duluth East, ranked No. 8 in Class 2A, led 3-1 after one period. Second-period goals by Kolar and Nick Funk extended the Greyhounds’ lead to 5-1.
BASKETBALL • GIRLS
Maranatha edges Mountain Iron-Buhl
• MARANATHA CHRISTIAN 71, MOUNTAIN IRON-BUHL 69: In a matchup of two of the top teams in Class 1A, Lexi Lee scored 25 points and Madison Lee scored 18 as the Mustangs, ranked No. 6, outlasted the No. 2-ranked Rangers. Allie Knuti and Chelsea Mason each scored 24 points for the Rangers, who had a 19-game winning streak ended.
• MINNETONKA 70, MOORHEAD 20: The Skippers, ranked No. 4 in Class 4A, raced to a 47-12 halftime lead en route to the nonconference victory over the Spuds. Caroline Shelquist scored 19 to lead the Skippers, who won their sixth consecutive game.
• BLAINE 64, BIG LAKE 56: Junior center ShaRon Miller scored 21 points to help the Bengals defeat Big Lake. The Bengals made 24 of 28 free-throw attempts; Miller was 9-for-10.
• NEW LONDON-SPICER 110, WACONIA 99: Taylor Thunstedt scored a game-high 40 points to lead New London-Spicer to a victory in a high-scoring affair against Waconia. Ashlyn Geister added 20 points for New London-Spicer, which had a season-high in points.
BASKETBALL • BOYS
Minnetonka edges Moorhead
• MINNETONKA 72, MOORHEAD 67: Amar Miller scored 21 points, including five free throws down the stretch, to help the Skippers, ranked No. 9 in Class 4A, fend off the Spuds. Cody Dorow scored 27 points — 21 in the second half — to lead the Spuds, who outscored the Skippers 39-35 in the second half.
• MINNEAPOLIS WASHBURN 83, MINNEAPOLIS HENRY 78: The Millers took over sole possession of first place in the Minneapolis City Conference with the victory over the Patriots. Evan Shepherd scored 27 to lead the Millers (15-8, 9-1), who led by 15 at halftime. Ibrahim Mohammad scored 22 and Jovahn Jefferson scored 21 to lead the Patriots. Washburn and Minneapolis North (14-9, 9-2) play on Tuesday.