HOCKEY • GIRLS
Lakeville North returns to state as Section 1 champ
• SECTION 1: Lakeville North earned its third consecutive section championship with a 6-1 victory over Dodge County at Owatonna. Alexis Joyce had two goals and an assist and Heidi Winiecki and Maddie McGlade each had a goal and two assists for the Panthers, who are ranked No. 9 in Class 2A.
• SECTION 7: Andover earned its first state tournament berth with a 3-1 victory over Elk River/Zimmerman.
• SECTION 1: Nicole Schammel had three goals and an assist to pace Red Wing to a 6-3 victory
over New Prague at Owatonna. The Wingers, ranked No. 3 in Class 1A, earned their fourth consecutive berth in the state tournament.
• SECTION 2: Litchfield/Dassel-Cokato outlasted Mankato East/Loyola 3-2 at Gustavus to earn its first section title.
• SECTION 5: Sylvie Wallin and Jordan Chancellor each had two goals and an assist to lead Blake, the defending Class 1A champion, to a 6-4 victory over Breck. Wallin scored with 5:55 remaining to break a 4-4 tie and Chancellor’s empty-net goal with 20 seconds remaining clinched the victory. Blake has won a state title in each of its past four state tournament appearances (2003, 2007, 2009 and 2013).
• SECTION 8: Haley Mack’s goal at 2:26 of the second overtime lifted East Grand Forks to a 2-1 victory over Thief River Falls at Warroad. The Green Wave, who knocked off five-time section champion Warroad 2-1 in two overtimes in the semifinals Tuesday, earned their first state tournament berth.
HOCKEY • BOYS
No. 1 Hornets top Skippers
• EDINA 3, MINNETONKA 0: Cullen Munson had a goal and an assist and Miguel Fidler had two assists to lead the Hornets, ranked No. 1 in Class 2A, past the Skippers. Andrew Rohkohl had 10 saves to earn the shutout.
BASKETBALL • BOYS
Grow, Centennial offset 26 points by Osseo’s Baker
• CENTENNIAL 66, OSSEO 64: Kevin Grow scored 21 points to help the Cougars outlast the Orioles, ranked No. 8 in Class 4A. Wheeler Baker scored 26 to lead the Orioles, who suffered their fourth consecutive loss. The four losses have been by a total of nine points.