Maple Grove nips Hopkins on Kaufmann goal in OT
• MAPLE GROVE 3, HOPKINS 2 (OT): Lauren Kaufmann’s goal at 3:56 of the overtime lifted the Crimson to the victory over the top-ranked Royals. Hopkins, which trailed 2-0 after two periods, tied the game on a power-play goal by Jilliane DeYoung with 2:02 remaining.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 3, BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 1: The Panthers, ranked No. 9 in Class 2A, clinched their third consecutive South Suburban Conference title with the victory over the Jaguars. Taylor Flaherty scored power-play goals in the first and third periods to pace the Panthers. Flaherty’s goal with 4:42 remaining gave the Panthers a 3-1 lead.
• EASTVIEW 4, APPLE VALLEY 3: Anna DeBoom scored with 28 seconds remaining in the third period — her second goal of the period — to lift the Lightning past the Eagles. DeBoom’s goal with 5:22 remaining gave the Lightning a 3-2 lead.
• DULUTH EAST 6, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 5 (OT): Brian Bunten’s goal with 1:19 remaining in the overtime lifted the Greyhounds, ranked No. 8 in Class 2A, past the Cougars. The Cougars scored two shorthanded goals — by Matt Lembeck and Nick Oelrich — 56 seconds apart in the final five minutes of the third period to force the overtime.
• EDINA 2, EDEN PRAIRIE 1: Miguel Fidler’s third-period goal broke a 1-1 tie and helped the Hornets, ranked No. 2 in Class 2A, outlast the No. 9 Eagles. Fidler’s goal, with 11:27 remaining, came 36 seconds after Jack Sullivan had scored for Eden Prairie.
• MINNETONKA 67, ARMSTRONG 45: Sophomore Courtney Fredrickson scored 17 points to lead the Skippers, ranked No. 6 in Class 4A, to their seventh victory in eight games.
• PARK CENTER 77, COON RAPIDS 38: Cayla McMorris scored 18 points to lead the Pirates, ranked No. 2 in Class 3A, to their seventh consecutive victory.
• OSSEO 83, CHAMPLIN PARK 74: Wheeler Baker had 31 points and nine rebounds and Jordan Dembley scored 23 points to help the Orioles, ranked No. 4 in Class 4A, outlast the third-ranked Rebels. The Orioles, who were playing without 6-9 forward Ian Theisen, avenged a three-point loss to the Rebels (68-65 on Dec. 13). Brennan Witt scored 24 points to lead the Rebels (17-2), who had a 16-game winning streak ended.
• DELASALLE 94, ST. ANTHONY 37: Reid Travis and Sacar Amin each went 8-for-10 from the field and scored 18 points to pace the Islanders, ranked No. 2 in Class 3A.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 80, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTH 74: Grantham Gallard scored 18 points to help the Eagles, ranked No. 5 in Class 4A, fend off Kenley Farrow and the pesky Tigers. Farrow scored 23 of his 29 points in the second half for the Tigers.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 81, EASTVIEW 58: J.P. Macura, who leads the state in scoring with a 33-points-per-game average, scored 38 points to lead the Panthers, ranked No. 6 in Class 4A, past the Lightning.
• MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 82, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTHWEST 80: Freshman Isaac Johnson’s field goal at the buzzer lifted the Polars over the Lakers. Sophomore Tyler Johnson scored 33 to lead the Polars, who trailed by nine at halftime.