• Your team is ranked No. 7 in Class 2A. How nice is it to earn that kind of respect? We were very excited to see that. Our team has had a lot of guys working hard to get in shape, and that means it's paying off.
• East Ridge beat Stillwater recently. What did that mean to the team? That was so big. Stillwater never loses. I've never been a part of a team that beat Stillwater, even when I was in seventh grade and we were still combined with Woodbury.
• You swam on the 400 freestyle relay team that clinched the victory. Talk about that feeling. We knew before the race that if we won, we would win the meet. It was awesome to be a part of that. Words can't describe that feeling.
• You had a big victory in the 100 backstroke, too. Brady Anderson is one of Stillwater's best swimmers and we're good friends. I was excited to race him. My best time [in that race] before that was 55.10, but I ended up going 54.93 to win.
• Were you paying attention to him during the race? Before the race, I was looking over to see where he was, but once the race started, I was just thinking about going as fast as possible.
• How long have you been swimming? I've been a competitive swimmer since I was 7, but I started swimming long before that. My dad used to take me to the YMCA.
• What do you like most about swimming? I love the fact that you control a lot of it. It's always a race against the clock. It's fun to see yourself improving