• SECTION 5 CHAMPIONSHIP: Senior Cayli Sadler was at her best Thursday. The Maple Grove pitcher threw a one-hitter with 16 strikeouts, leading the Crimson to a 2-0 victory over Centennial at Rice Creek Park in Shoreview. Sadler fanned the first eight hitters before Cynthia Rydlund lined a double. Maple Grove scored both of its runs in the bottom of the second. Senior Kylie Bratten and junior Breanna Besel delivered back-to-back run-scoring hits with one out. The Crimson will be making their third state tournament trip.
• SECTION 6 CHAMPIONSHIP: Orono junior Sam Hartmann kept Wayzata at bay, allowing four hits and striking out nine in a 4-1 victory. The Spartans were seeded third.
• SECTION 4: No. 1 seed Hill- Murray advanced behind senior pitcher Mark Kosmalski's complete game, four-hit performance in a 4-2 victory over Stillwater.
• SECTION 7: St. Francis advanced to the semifinals with a late offensive flurry in a 9-2 victory over Cambridge-Isanti. The Saints scored four times in the fifth inning and added five more runs in the sixth. Senior Andy Julkowski led St. Francis with two runs scored and an RBI.
• SECTION 5: Defending state champion Blake will return to the state tournament following a 13-10 victory over Edina. The Bears received balanced scoring throughout. Sophomore Lydia Sutton led the way with five goals. Anne Slusser, Nicole Kozlak, Meghan Bauer and Jordan Chancellor added two goals each for Blake. The Bears previously captured state titles in 2008, 2010 and 2011. Sophomore Sheila Hirsch paced Edina with five goals.
• SECTION 6: Eden Prairie cruised to the state tournament behind a dominant 15-7 victory over Minnetonka. Senior Christine Easton was the key for Eden Prairie, scoring six goals. The Eagles return to the state tournament looking to improve on runner-up finishes in 2010 and 2011.