Junior Pat Mulvaney delivered a timely hit and sophomore Tanner Hinck shut down the Rangers in a come-from-behind victory for White Bear Lake in Suburban East Conference baseball Monday.
• WHITE BEAR LAKE 2, FOREST LAKE 1: Junior Pat Mulvaney delivered a timely hit and sophomore Tanner Hinck shut down the Rangers in a come-from-behind victory for White Bear Lake in Suburban East Conference play Monday. Mulvaney lined a two-run double to left-center field with two outs in the top of the seventh inning, and the Bears trailing 1-0. Hinck threw a six-hitter while going the distance on the mound for the win. The victory stopped a four-game losing streak for the Bears (6-9). They have scored two runs or less in their past six games. Forest Lake (9-5) scored its lone run in the bottom of the sixth after the Bears failed to score in the top half of the frame when they had the bases loaded and nobody out.
• ANOKA 6, ELK RIVER 0: Senior Kevin Persuitti fired a two-hit shutout as the Tornadoes blanked the Elks in the Northwest Suburban. Junior Ryan Sutterer hit a two-run homer for Anoka.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET'S 14, COLUMBIA HEIGHTS 0: The Red Knights scored 11 runs in the second and third innings, and went on to beat the Hylanders in the North Suburban. Willie Falk threw a two-hit shutout in the five-inning game due to the 10-run rule. Andrew Murnane paced the Red Knights' offense, going 3-for-3 with two RBI and two runs scored.
• BROOKLYN CENTER 19, MOUNDS PARK ACADEMY 6: Senior Charlie Karst had a huge day at the plate. Karst went 3-for-4, with two doubles and a grand slam, and had nine RBI as the Centaurs topped the Panthers in the Tri-Metro.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 3, MOUNDS VIEW 2: Nick Green delivered a walk-off single in the bottom of the seventh as the Class 3A, No. 6 Raiders edged the Mustangs in the Suburban East.
• MINNEHAHA ACADEMY 10, CONCORDIA ACADEMY 0: Junior left-hander John Pryor improved to 5-0, throwing a complete game no-hitter for the Class 2A, No. 6 Redhawks against the Beacons in the Tri-Metro. Pryor, who struck out eight, hasn't allowed an earned run on the season.
• ROSEMOUNT 5, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 4: Junior Anthony Winters hit a two-run homer in the bottom of the sixth, giving the Irish a victory over the Eagles in the South Suburban.
• WAYZATA 3, HOPKINS 2: Winning pitcher senior Ryan Poppitz doubled off the wall in the top of the seventh, scoring the winning run in the Trojans' victory over the Class 3A, No. 5 Royals in the Lake.
• RICHFIELD 9, HENRY SIBLEY 7: Senior Bryann Guyton crushed a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the seventh inning, lifting the Spartans over the Warriors in the Classic Suburban.
• BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 6, APPLE VALLEY 2: Nicole Tobon hit a grand slam in the top of the sixth as the Class 3A, No. 1 Jaguars beat the Eagles in the South Suburban. Winning pitcher Hannah Evavold threw a two-hitter while striking out 10.
• PRIOR LAKE 12, EAGAN 0: Eighth grader Justus Perry continues to have a phenomenal season. Perry hit her fourth home run of the year and had six RBI, leading the Lakers past the Wildcats in the South Suburban. Winning pitcher senior Tori Workman threw a one-hitter, and also hit a solo homer.
• ROCKFORD 4, HOWARD LAKE-WAVERLY-WINSTED 2: Shannon Ritten had a bases-loaded clearing double in the bottom of the seventh, giving the Rockets a victory over the Lakers.