Corey Muenzhuber fired a 1-under-par 71 in the first round of the 20-team meet Friday at Edinburgh USA Golf Course.
• TRI-STATE INVITATIONAL: Rogers' golf program has quickly gained prominence the past couple of seasons. This year's team leader, senior Corey Muenzhuber, fired a 1-under-par 71 on Friday to gain a share of the lead after the first round of the 20-team meet Friday at Edinburgh USA Golf Course in Brooklyn Park. Garret Loomis of River Falls (Wis.) also carded a 71. Eden Prairie leads the team competition with a 304, 7 strokes ahead of Class 3A defending state champion Rogers (shared with Wayzata) and Lakeville North.
• WACONIA 5-4, DASSEL-COKATO 1-7: Sarah Kivisto knows how to win a game in style. The sophomore belted a walk-off three-run homer in the bottom of the seventh inning of the second game of a doubleheader, giving the Chargers a split with the Wildcats in Wright County play. Waconia had dropped three of its previous four games before winning the opener.
• LITCHFIELD 5, ROCKFORD 4 (10): Junior Kelsey Fisher belted a solo home run in the top of the 10th inning, giving the Dragons a nonconference victory over the Rockets.
• HERITAGE CHRISTIAN 7, SOUTHWEST CHRISTIAN 0: Lindsay Edeen beat the Stars with her arm as well as the bat. Edeen threw a two-hit shutout with 12 strikeouts, and also hit a home run for the Eagles in a Minnesota Christian Athletic Association matchup.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 6, PARK 0: Senior Tim McClanahan hit a home run and drove in half of the Raiders' runs (three) in their Suburban East victory over the Wolfpack. Cretin-Derham Hall (7-2) lost its previous two games, 2-0 to Roseville and 3-2 to Forest Lake.
• MOUNDS VIEW 5, HASTINGS 0: Ethan DeCaster threw a two-hit shutout as the Mustangs blanked the Raiders in the Suburban East. Max Knutson led the offense, going 3-for-3 with an RBI.
• MOUND-WESTONKA 9, GLENCOE-SILVER LAKE 8: Juniors Tory Robinett and Tyler Hebig each hit home runs in the White Hawks' wild victory over the Panthers in a Wright County matchup. Robinett had five RBI on the day. Hebig also had two doubles, while senior David Engel had three doubles.