Here's how the new law works that allows youngsters ages 10 and 11 to hunt deer in Minnesota without passing a hunter education and firearms safety course:
• These hunters must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is licensed to take deer. They must be "under direct supervision and within immediate reach'' of the older hunters.
• They can harvest only those deer allowed by the parent's license.
• Hunters 12 and 13 years old also can hunt big game in Minnesota one year without passing a hunter's education and firearms safety course if they seek Apprentice Hunter status. This is a once-in-a-lifetime accreditation given to hunters who want to give the sport a try. Restrictions govern these hunters regarding who must accompany them into the field. Hunters who elect to hunt thereafter must pass an education and firearms safety course.
• A 10-year-old hunter who chooses to hunt under a parent's license can do so also when he is 11. Upon reaching 12, unless he elects Apprentice Hunter status, he must pass a hunter education and firearms safety course to hunt big game.
• Small game such as pheasants and ducks can be hunted in Minnesota by youths under age 14 without passing a hunter education and firearms safety course, provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. Upon reaching 14, they must pass the course unless they seek Apprentice Hunter status, in which case the education requirement would be postponed a year.
|Toronto||0||Top 2nd Inning|
|Washington - G. Gonzalez||3:05 PM|
|Cincinnati - J. Cueto|
|St. Louis - S. Miller||3:05 PM|
|Chicago Cubs - J. Arrieta|
|Baltimore - B. Norris||3:10 PM|
|Seattle - C. Young|
|Arizona - J. Collmenter||6:05 PM|
|Philadelphia - C. Lee|
|NY Mets - J. Niese||6:10 PM|
|Milwaukee - W. Peralta|
|San Diego - O. Despaigne||6:10 PM|
|Atlanta - J. Teheran|
|Miami - T. Koehler||6:10 PM|
|Houston - J. Cosart|
|Boston - J. Lackey||6:10 PM|
|Tampa Bay - J. Hellickson|
|Chicago WSox - C. Sale||6:10 PM|
|Minnesota - L. Darnell|
|Cleveland - Z. McAllister||6:10 PM|
|Kansas City - J. Guthrie|
|Oakland - S. Gray||7:05 PM|
|Texas - N. Tepesch|
|Pittsburgh - J. Locke||7:10 PM|
|Colorado - T. Matzek|
|Los Angeles - C. Kershaw||8:05 PM|
|San Francisco - R. Vogelsong|
|Detroit - J. Verlander||8:05 PM|
|LA Angels - M. Shoemaker|
|Sporting Kansas City||6:00 PM|
|Winnipeg||7/31/14 6:00 PM|
|Toronto||8/1/14 6:00 PM|
|Brt Columbia||8/1/14 9:00 PM|
|Saskatchewan||8/2/14 6:00 PM|
|Los Angeles||3:00 PM|
|New York||9:00 PM|
Poll: Should the lake where the albino muskie was caught remain a mystery?