Besides raising hunting and fishing license fees and setting the state's first wolf-hunting season, a large game and fish bill expected to be signed into law by Gov. Mark Dayton this week contains numerous other provisions affecting hunters and anglers.
• Clarifies the laws prohibiting baiting of deer and tightens penalties: A person convicted of hunting deer with bait would lose their license for one year -- or two years if the deer scored more than 170.
• Adds a $4 application fee for bear hunting licenses.
• Allows motorized waterfowl and dove decoys to be used with wireless remote controls.
• Allows the DNR to provide areas -- probably large lakes -- where waterfowl hunters wouldn't have to be concealed in vegetation, meaning they could use layout boats. Minnesota is one of the few states that hasn't allowed open-water waterfowl hunting.
• Removes a requirement that all portable ice shelters must have the name of the owner displayed, as long as anglers are either in or within 200 feet of it.
• Requires hunting and fishing licenses to be sold even if the state government is shut down.
• Adds two weeks of winter fishing for stream trout within the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
• Directs the DNR to launch activities to recruit new outdoor recreational participants, including youth, women and minorities.
• Prohibits the DNR from using revenue from game and fish licenses and permits, excluding stamps, to acquire land.
• Requires the DNR to conduct hunter-satisfaction surveys.
• Allows landowners donating land to the DNR to stipulate in the deed that it can't later be sold.
• Allows archery deer hunters in a stationary location to take small game without complying with the blaze-orange clothing requirement.
• Prohibits the importation of minnows to feed fish at private hatcheries or fish farms beginning July 1, 2012, to prevent the spread of Asian carp.
|Miami - LP: T. Koehler||5||FINAL|
|Washington - WP: M. Scherzer||7|
|Arizona - WP: J. Collmenter||13||FINAL|
|Colorado - LP: T. Matzek||7|
|San Diego - WP: I. Kennedy||9||FINAL|
|San Francisco - LP: C. Heston||1|
|Cincinnati||3||Bottom 6th Inning|
|NY Yankees||1||Bottom 6th Inning|
|Philadelphia||1||Bottom 5th Inning|
|Baltimore||1||Bottom 5th Inning|
|Arizona||4||Top 6th Inning|
|Tampa Bay||4||Bottom 5th Inning|
|Los Angeles||0||Top 2nd Inning|
|Cleveland||1||Top 2nd Inning|
|Detroit||1||Bottom 2nd Inning|
|Oakland||0||Top 3rd Inning|
|Texas||4||Bottom 2nd Inning|
|Chicago Cubs||2||Bottom 1st Inning|
|Seattle - R. Elias||9:05 PM|
|LA Angels - C. Wilson|
|Chicago||67||3rd Qtr 2:31|
|LA Clippers||8:30 PM|
|Montreal||0||2nd Prd :39|
|NY Rangers||0||2nd Prd 17:47|
|Los Angeles||8:30 PM|
|Real Salt Lake|
Poll: Should the lake where the albino muskie was caught remain a mystery?