Besides raising hunting and fishing license fees and setting the state's first wolf-hunting season, a large game and fish bill expected to be signed into law by Gov. Mark Dayton this week contains numerous other provisions affecting hunters and anglers.
• Clarifies the laws prohibiting baiting of deer and tightens penalties: A person convicted of hunting deer with bait would lose their license for one year -- or two years if the deer scored more than 170.
• Adds a $4 application fee for bear hunting licenses.
• Allows motorized waterfowl and dove decoys to be used with wireless remote controls.
• Allows the DNR to provide areas -- probably large lakes -- where waterfowl hunters wouldn't have to be concealed in vegetation, meaning they could use layout boats. Minnesota is one of the few states that hasn't allowed open-water waterfowl hunting.
• Removes a requirement that all portable ice shelters must have the name of the owner displayed, as long as anglers are either in or within 200 feet of it.
• Requires hunting and fishing licenses to be sold even if the state government is shut down.
• Adds two weeks of winter fishing for stream trout within the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
• Directs the DNR to launch activities to recruit new outdoor recreational participants, including youth, women and minorities.
• Prohibits the DNR from using revenue from game and fish licenses and permits, excluding stamps, to acquire land.
• Requires the DNR to conduct hunter-satisfaction surveys.
• Allows landowners donating land to the DNR to stipulate in the deed that it can't later be sold.
• Allows archery deer hunters in a stationary location to take small game without complying with the blaze-orange clothing requirement.
• Prohibits the importation of minnows to feed fish at private hatcheries or fish farms beginning July 1, 2012, to prevent the spread of Asian carp.
|Cincinnati - WP: A. Simon||4||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: J. Samardzija||1|
|St. Louis - LP: M. Wacha||1||FINAL|
|Washington - WP: G. Gonzalez||3|
|Milwaukee - WP: K. Lohse||5||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - LP: C. Morton||3|
|Toronto - WP: S. Delabar||3||FINAL|
|Cleveland - LP: M. Rzepczynski||2|
|LA Angels||11||Bottom 9th Inning|
|Atlanta - WP: A. Harang||6||FINAL|
|NY Mets - LP: J. Niese||0|
|Baltimore||8||Bottom 9th Inning|
|NY Yankees||5||Bottom 8th Inning|
|Seattle - LP: Y. Medina||4||FINAL|
|Miami - WP: S. Cishek||8|
|Chicago WSox||0||Top 8th Inning|
|Minnesota||0||Bottom 8th Inning|
|Philadelphia||1||Bottom 6th Inning|
|Houston||0||Bottom 1st Inning|
|San Francisco||0||Top 2nd Inning|
|Arizona||0||Top 2nd Inning|
|Dallas||1||1st Prd 10:20|
Poll: Should the lake where the albino muskie was caught remain a mystery?