Three reasons the Gophers get in the NCAA tournament
• A number of other bubble teams suffered damaging losses in the past few days, including Arkansas, Missouri, California and Florida State.
• Minnesota’s strength of schedule is ranked among the nation’s top 10.
• The Gophers had strong regular-season victories over Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa.
Three reasons the Gophers get left out
• They lack a road win that will impress the committee. The Gophers were 3-7 on the road, with their best victory at Richmond.
• Their RPI is a very average No. 46.
• They were 2-7 against top 50 RPI teams and had bad losses against Northwestern and Purdue, two teams with RPI’s over 100.
|Philadelphia - WP: A. Harang||5||FINAL|
|Washington - LP: J. Zimmermann||3|
|Atlanta - LP: S. Marimon||5||FINAL|
|Toronto - WP: B. Cecil||6|
|Chicago WSox - WP: C. Sale||12||FINAL|
|Detroit - LP: A. Sanchez||3|
|Cleveland - WP: D. Salazar||4||FINAL|
|Minnesota - LP: P. Hughes||2|
|Cincinnati - LP: H. Bailey||2||FINAL|
|St. Louis - WP: C. Martinez||5|
|San Diego - LP: C. Kimbrel||6||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - WP: Z. Rosscup||7|
|Baltimore - WP: C. Tillman||4||FINAL|
|Boston - LP: C. Buchholz||1|
|Milwaukee - LP: K. Lohse||2||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - WP: J. Locke||6|
|Miami - LP: M. Latos||4||FINAL|
|NY Mets - WP: J. deGrom||5|
|LA Angels - LP: C. Wilson||0||FINAL|
|Houston - WP: D. Keuchel||4|
|NY Yankees - WP: M. Tanaka||9||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - LP: J. Odorizzi||0|
|Oakland - WP: J. Hahn||5||FINAL|
|Kansas City - LP: Y. Ventura||0|
|Arizona - LP: R. De La Rosa||1||FINAL|
|San Francisco - WP: C. Heston||4|
|Colorado - LP: J. Lyles||3||FINAL|
|Los Angeles - WP: Z. Greinke||6|
|Texas - LP: C. Lewis||1||FINAL|
|Seattle - WP: F. Hernandez||3|
|Real Salt Lake||0|
|Sporting Kansas City||1||FINAL|
Poll: Does it bother you that Tyus Jones chose Duke over Minnesota?