Three reasons the Gophers get in the NCAA tournament
• A number of other bubble teams suffered damaging losses in the past few days, including Arkansas, Missouri, California and Florida State.
• Minnesota’s strength of schedule is ranked among the nation’s top 10.
• The Gophers had strong regular-season victories over Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa.
Three reasons the Gophers get left out
• They lack a road win that will impress the committee. The Gophers were 3-7 on the road, with their best victory at Richmond.
• Their RPI is a very average No. 46.
• They were 2-7 against top 50 RPI teams and had bad losses against Northwestern and Purdue, two teams with RPI’s over 100.
|Cleveland - LP: T. Bauer||1||FINAL|
|Minnesota - WP: A. Swarzak||3|
|Cincinnati - LP: M. Leake||1||FINAL|
|Milwaukee - WP: K. Lohse||5|
|Kansas City - WP: W. Davis||2||FINAL|
|Chicago WSox - LP: Z. Putnam||1|
|Washington - LP: S. Strasburg||4||FINAL|
|Colorado - WP: J. De La Rosa||6|
|NY Mets - WP: B. Colon||3||FINAL|
|Seattle - LP: T. Walker||2|
|Detroit - WP: A. Sanchez||11||FINAL|
|Arizona - LP: T. Cahill||5|
|Los Angeles - LP: D. Haren||1||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - WP: F. Liriano||6|
|San Francisco - WP: M. Bumgarner||3||FINAL|
|Philadelphia - LP: J. Papelbon||1|
|Texas - LP: Y. Darvish||1||FINAL|
|NY Yankees - WP: D. Phelps||2|
|Boston - LP: C. Buchholz||4||FINAL|
|Toronto - WP: R. Dickey||6|
|Miami - LP: N. Eovaldi||1||FINAL|
|Atlanta - WP: E. Santana||6|
|Tampa Bay - WP: A. Cobb||3||FINAL|
|St. Louis - LP: L. Lynn||0|
|San Diego - WP: I. Kennedy||8||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: T. Wada||3|
|Houston - LP: B. Peacock||7||FINAL|
|Oakland - WP: J. Chavez||9|
|Baltimore - LP: T. Hunter||2||FINAL|
|LA Angels - WP: J. Weaver||3|
|Winnipeg||7/25/14 9:00 PM|
|Ottawa||7/26/14 6:00 PM|
|Toronto||7/26/14 9:00 PM|
|Winnipeg||7/31/14 6:00 PM|
|Toronto||8/1/14 6:00 PM|
|Brt Columbia||8/1/14 9:00 PM|
|Saskatchewan||8/2/14 6:00 PM|