St. Cloud State sweeps UMD
• ST. CLOUD STATE 4, MINNESOTA DULUTH 1: David Morley had a goal and two assists as the No. 2-rated Huskies (11-1-2, 6-1-1 NCHC) swept the No. 20 Bulldogs (6-7-1, 2-4-0) on their own rink. SCSU won 4-2 on Friday.
• NORTH DAKOTA 3, WESTERN MICHIGAN 2: Despite getting only 16 shots on goal, UND (7-7-2, 5-5-0 NCHC) beat the Broncos (6-7-3, 2-4-0) on Rocco Grimaldi’s goal early in the second period. Dillon Simpson and Bryn Chyzyk also scored for North Dakota. Luke Johnson contributed two assists.
• BEMIDJI STATE 2, MICHIGAN TECH 2 (OT), tie: For the second night in a row in Houghton, Mich., the Beavers (5-8-5, 5-4-3 WCHA) and Huskies (6-8-4, 4-3-3) played to a tie. Even the score was the same. Danny Matson of the Beavers got the tying goal early in the third period. Jesse Wilkins of Bemidji State made 39 saves, giving him 75 for the series.
• MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 3, NORTHERN MICHIGAN 0: Zach Lehrke’s power-play goal at 11:16 of the third period for the host Mavericks (9-7-0, 7-3-0 WCHA) was the first goal of the game. The Wildcats (6-8-2, 4-5-1) were outshot 47-16. Jordan Nelson scored 1:41 later and Matt Leitner added a late empty-net goal for MSU Mankato, which has won five games in a
• WISCONSIN 4, PENN STATE 3: Nic Kerdiles’ goal almost 12 minutes into the third period for the No. 17 Badgers (6-5-1, 2-2-0 Big Ten) broke a 3-all tie with the visiting Nittany Lions (3-9-1, 0-2-0). Joe Faust, Michael Mersch and Sean Little had the other goals for Wisconsin.