North Dakota State rallies from 13 down in 4th quarter
• north dakota state 24, northern iowa 23: Sam Ojuri ran for 96 yards and the go-ahead TD as the host Bison (5-0, 2-0 Missouri Valley) rallied from a 13-point fourth-quarter deficit to beat the Panthers (4-1, 0-1). NDSU had cut the lead to 23-17 when Brock Jensen threw an 11-yard TD pass to Zach Vraa on fourth-and-6.
• south dakota 17, missouri state 14: Miles Bergner kicked a 41-yard field goal with 1:24 left as the host Coyotes (2-3, 1-1) rallied for their first victory as a member of the Missouri Valley Conference.
• southern illinois 27, south dakota state 24: Kory Faulkner rushed for two TDs and passed for another to lift the Salukis (3-3, 1-1 Missouri Valley) to a road win over the Jackrabbits (3-3, 0-2).
• NORTH DAKOTA 28, IDAHO STATE 25: Dayo Idowu forced a fumble and Ben Peters recovered it in the end zone for the deciding touchdown with 5:53 left in the fourth quarter as North Dakota (2-3, 1-1 Big Sky) turned back the host Bengals (2-3, 0-2)
The notable and unranked
BC runner goes for 263 yards
• boston college 48, army 27: Andre Williams rushed for a career-high 263 yards and tied a school record with five rushing touchdowns to lead the host Eagles (3-2) to victory. Williams, the ACC rushing leader, scored on runs of 34, 1, 37, 3 and 34 yards. He fell 1 yard shy of BC’s single-game rushing record set by Montel Harris in 2009 against North Carolina State.
• MISSOURI 51, VANDERBILT 28: James Franklin passed for four TDs and the Tigers beat the Commodores. Missouri moved to 5-0 and opened conference play without missing a beat in the program’s first trip to Nashville as a member of the SEC.
• ball state 48, virginia 27: Keith Wenning became Ball State’s career passing leader as the Cardinals (5-1) defeated the host Cavaliers (2-3).
• virginia tech 27, north carolina 17: The host Hokies (5-1, 2-0 ACC) won their fifth straight. The Tar Heels (1-4, 0-2) have lost three straight.
• navy 28, air force 10: Keenan Reynolds ran for 126 yards and three TDs for the host Midshipmen (3-1). It was their most lopsided win over Air Force (1-5) since 1978.
• penn 37, dartmouth 31 (4OT): The host Quakers (2-1, 1-0) won the longest game in Ivy League history.
• CONNOR HALLIDAY, QB, WASHINGTON STATE: Threw for 521 yards and three TDs in a 44-22 victory over California.
• Garrett Gilbert, QB, SMU: Threw five TD passes in a 55-52 triple-overtime loss to Rutgers. Completed 45 of 71 passes for a Mustangs-record 484 yards.
• Cameron Stingily, RB, Northern Illinois: Ran for a career-high 266 yards and two scores in the undefeated Huskies’ 38-24 road win over Kent State.