HIGHLIGHTS OF THE Proposal
University of Minnesota athletic director Norwood Teague unveiled a plan on Wednesday to the Board of Regents to upgrade Gophers athletic facilities. Aspects include:
• Phase one would be completed over the next six to eight years at a cost of $190 million, all privately funded.
• Teague did not specify how much money has been raised so far, but did say some donors are already on board. By contrast, TCF Bank Stadium, which opened in 2009 and had a $288.5 million budget, had a fundraising goal of $86 million.
• Projects included in phase one include a new academic center, training table, football complex, women’s gymnastic facility, Olympic sport indoor practice facility, outdoor Olympic sport track, basketball practice facility and a wrestling training facility.
• The new football complex would be in the existing Bierman complex space, while the basketball practice facility — which could also contain the wrestling facility — would be on a spot where a parking lot near the Bierman complex currently sits. The track would be moved to a new location.
• Phase two would involve a renovation of the outer concourse at Williams Arena. Little else about it has been revealed.
|Washington||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|San Francisco||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Seattle||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Chicago||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Houston||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Buffalo||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|New England||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Philadelphia||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Kansas City||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|NY Jets||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|Arizona||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|New Orleans||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Green Bay||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Cincinnati||12/15/13 7:30 PM|
|Baltimore||12/16/13 7:40 PM|
|New York||6:30 PM|
|LA Lakers||7:00 PM|
|New Jersey||6:00 PM|
|SE Louisiana||7:00 PM|
|Missouri State||7:00 PM|
|Ark-Little Rock||7:00 PM|
|Ark-Pine Bluff||7:00 PM|
|Army||12/14/13 2:00 PM|
|Alcorn State||5:00 PM|
|Ohio Valley||6:05 PM|
|Grand Canyon||7:00 PM|
|San Diego||9:00 PM|
|Long Beach St|