A closer look at the Gophers' expected incoming football recruiting class. Photos courtesy of rivals.com:
• Eric Carter, WR, Lakeland Lake Gibson (Fla.), 5-10, 175: Three-star recruit picked the Gophers after de-committing from Cincinnati.
• Rayfield Dixon, LB, Loxahatchee Seminole Ridge (Fla.), 6-3, 195: Picked Minnesota over West Virginia; needs to add bulk.
• Berkley Edwards, RB, Chelsea (Mich.), 5-9, 195: Breakaway speed, good bloodlines; father (Stan) and brother (Braylon) reached NFL.
• Hendrick Ekpe, DE, Lewisville (Texas), 6-3, 230: His brother, Scott, started at defensive tackle for the Gophers last season as a freshman.
• Jordan Hinojosa, DT, Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College, 6-2, 295: Signed with Gophers last year, but academic issues sent him to junior college.
• Donovahn Jones, QB, Hampton Dutchtown (Ga.), 6-3, 190: Reportedly flipped his commitment from Missouri to Minnesota.
• De'Niro Laster, LB, Cleveland Heights (Ohio), 6-3, 220: Converted wide receiver; reportedly had late interest from Florida State.
• Alex Mayes, OL, Van Alstyne (Texas), 6-6, 275: Good-sized lineman had offers from Colorado and Kansas State.
• Daletavius McGhee, DB, (not pictured), Ellenwood Cedar Grove (Ga.), 6-2, 180: Two-star recruit needs to add bulk but could develop into a safety.
• Jalen Myrick, DB, Savannah Christian School (Ga.), 5-10, 200: Speedy two-way player whom the Gophers plan to use at cornerback.
• Demaris Peppers, DT, Memphis Fairley (Tenn.), 6-3, 260: Hard worker needs to add bulk to make an impact on defensive line.
• Owen Salzwedel, DE, Beaver Dam (Wis.), 6-6, 235: Has the size and athleticism to become the sleeper of this class.
• Ryan Santoso, K, Pace (Fla.), 6-5, 270: A converted soccer goalie, he played in Under Armour All-America Game.
• Chris Streveler, QB, Marian Central Catholic (Ill.), 6-3, 205: Passed for 2,397 yards and rushed for 1,124 yards last fall.
• Damien Wilson, LB, Jones County Junior College (Miss.), 6-2, 230: Good junior college tackler has a chance to start at middle linebacker this fall.
• Chris Wipson, LB, Wayzata, 6-2, 220: Strong tackler from high school linebacker factory; tore ACL in his left knee in November.
• Drew Wolitarsky, WR, Canyon Country Canyon (Calif.), 6-3, 215: Though not a speedster, he's California's all-time leading receiver.
• Nate Wozniak, TE, Greenwood Center Grove (Ind.) 6-9, 255: Had offers from Miami (Fla.) and Purdue. Size might force him to the offensive line.
|Cleveland - LP: T. Bauer||1||FINAL|
|Minnesota - WP: A. Swarzak||3|
|Cincinnati - LP: M. Leake||1||FINAL|
|Milwaukee - WP: K. Lohse||5|
|Kansas City - WP: W. Davis||2||FINAL|
|Chicago WSox - LP: Z. Putnam||1|
|Washington - LP: S. Strasburg||4||FINAL|
|Colorado - WP: J. De La Rosa||6|
|NY Mets - WP: B. Colon||3||FINAL|
|Seattle - LP: T. Walker||2|
|Detroit - WP: A. Sanchez||11||FINAL|
|Arizona - LP: T. Cahill||5|
|Los Angeles - LP: D. Haren||1||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - WP: F. Liriano||6|
|San Francisco - WP: M. Bumgarner||3||FINAL|
|Philadelphia - LP: J. Papelbon||1|
|Texas - LP: Y. Darvish||1||FINAL|
|NY Yankees - WP: D. Phelps||2|
|Boston - LP: C. Buchholz||4||FINAL|
|Toronto - WP: R. Dickey||6|
|Miami - LP: N. Eovaldi||1||FINAL|
|Atlanta - WP: E. Santana||6|
|Tampa Bay - WP: A. Cobb||3||FINAL|
|St. Louis - LP: L. Lynn||0|
|San Diego - WP: I. Kennedy||8||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: T. Wada||3|
|Houston - LP: B. Peacock||7||FINAL|
|Oakland - WP: J. Chavez||9|
|Baltimore - LP: T. Hunter||2||FINAL|
|LA Angels - WP: J. Weaver||3|
|Winnipeg||7/25/14 9:00 PM|
|Ottawa||7/26/14 6:00 PM|
|Toronto||7/26/14 9:00 PM|
|Winnipeg||7/31/14 6:00 PM|
|Toronto||8/1/14 6:00 PM|
|Brt Columbia||8/1/14 9:00 PM|
|Saskatchewan||8/2/14 6:00 PM|