• Comment: His emergence as a senior was critical to enormous improvement in pass defense, and he went out with a two-interception bowl game.
• Likely replacement: Martez Shabazz
• Comment: Played in every Gophers game for four years; his speed enabled him to cover receivers or rush passer from outside.
• Likely replacement: James Manuel
• Comment: His leadership might have been as important as his ability on the field, but his 59 rushing yards Friday were a good reminder of what he brought to offense.
• Likely replacement: Philip Nelson
• Comment: Injuries limited his playing time, but he was clutch: Finished season with four TD catches, second only to departed WR A.J. Barker.
• Likely replacement: Drew Goodger
• Comment: Finished his career with 226 tackles, and spent senior season as traffic cop in middle of Gophers' defense.
• Likely replacement: Damien Wilson*
• Comment: Improved every season of his career, and finished 2012 as the Gophers' leading tackler with 78. Also their best kick returner.
• Likely replacement: Jeremy Baltazar
• Comment: Connected on eight of his last 11 field-goal tries, and produced touchbacks on half his kickoffs.
• Likely replacement: Chris Hawthorne or Ryan Santoso *
• Comment: Second-team All-Big Ten pass-rusher, his 8.5 sacks this year, the seventh-most ever by a Gopher, gave Minnesota long-absent defensive pressure.
• Likely replacement: Thieren Cockran
|Seattle - WP: R. Elias||5||FINAL|
|LA Angels - LP: C. Wilson||3|
|Stephen F Austin||44|
|Fla Gulf Coast||72|
Poll: Has the Gophers men's basketball team done better than you expected?