• WISCONSIN 5, NORTH DAKOTA 3:
Mark Zengler and Justin Schultz each had a goal and an assist as the Badgers defeated the Fighting Sioux on Friday night in Madison, Wis., for their first WCHA victory of the season. Schultz, Michael Mersch and Derek Lee scored three goals bridging the first and second periods as Wisconsin took control against fifth-ranked North Dakota. Brendan Woods also scored for the Badgers. Mark MacMillian, Nick Mattson and Carter Rowney scored for the Sioux.
Landon Peterson made 24 saves for Wisconsin. North Dakota goalie Brad Eidsness was pulled from the game after giving up four goals on 14 shots. Tyler Barnes added two assists for the Badgers, who came back strong after two WCHA losses to Michigan Tech last weekend.
• BEMIDJI STATE 6, MICHIGAN TECH 5: Jordan George scored two goals in a wild, seven-goal first period, and the Beavers hung on late to hand the visiting Huskies (4-1) their first loss of the season.
George's two goals, and the first of two by Brance Orban, enabled Bemidji State to turn a 3-1 deficit into a 4-3 lead by the end of the first period. After Ben Kinne gave the Beavers a 1-0 lead, Tech responded with consecutive goals by Carl Nielsen, Blake Johnstone and Blake Pietila.
Tech's Steven Seigo cut the Beavers' lead to 6-5 with 33 seconds to play.
• DENVER 4, MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 2: Drew Shore broke a tie with a power-play goal early in the third period as the host Pioneers beat the Mavericks and gave coach George Gwozdecky his 400th victory at Denver. Gwozdecky's teams have won 550 games in his 26-year career.
Jean-Paul Lafontaine and Zach Lehrke scored for the Mavericks.
• NEBRASKA OMAHA 4, ALASKA ANCHORAGE 1: Terry Broadhurst and Zahn Raubenheimer scored 53 seconds apart midway through the third period, leading the Mavericks to victory over the Seawolves in Omaha.
• ST. CLOUD STATE 7, NEW HAMPSHIRE 5: Ben Hanowski and Drew LeBlanc scored one goal apiece and assisted on three others as the Huskies outlasted the winless Wildcats in St. Cloud. Seven different players had goals for the Huskies. Travis Novak and Nick Jensen had one goal each and two assists. Goalie Mike Lee made 28 saves but was tested late as New Hampshire (0-4) scored three times.
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 5, PROVIDENCE 2: Travis Oleksuk had two goals to lead the Bulldogs to a victory in Providence, R.I. Mike Seidel added a goal and assist and Brady Lamb and Max Tardy had two assists apiece for the Bulldogs.