• MICHIGAN TECH 2, WISCONSIN 1 (OT): Jordan Baker scored 2 minutes, 53 seconds into overtime to lift the Huskies to a victory over the Badgers in both teams' WCHA opener Friday night in Houghton, Mich.
The Huskies (3-0 overall) have won three consecutive games for the first time since October 2007. They had lost their previous 11 meetings with the Badgers.
Landon Peterson made 36 saves for Wisconsin (1-2), which is 1-8-1 in WCHA openers under coach Mike Eaves and has lost its past six conference openers.
• COLORADO COLLEGE 3, BEMIDJI STATE 1: Mike Boivin assisted on Jaden Schwartz's go-ahead goal in the second period and added a goal of his own in the third, leading the Tigers past the Beavers in Colorado Springs. Gabe Guentzel scored unassisted 25 seconds into the second period for CC, which got 25 saves from Joe Howe.
• DENVER 4, BOSTON COLLEGE 2: Jason Zucker, the WCHA Preseason Player of the Year, had a goal and an assist and the No. 3 Pioneers opened their season with a road victory over the top-ranked Golden Eagles.
Zucker scored only 3 minutes, 27 seconds into the game for Denver won its fifth consecutive season opener. The Wild draft pick also assisted on Drew Shore's second-period goal that made it 3-1 and proved to be the game-winner.
Beau Bennett and David Makowski also scored for the Pioneers, with Makowski's goal an empty-netter with 39 seconds to play.
Barry Almeida and Kevin Hayes each had a goal an assist for BC (2-1), which moved into the No. 1 spot after winning the Ice Breaker Tournament last weekend in Grand Forks, N.D.
• NORTH DAKOTA 3, MAINE 1: Ben Blood score the tiebreaking goal in the third period, Corban Knight scored his third goal of the season and the Sioux (2-1) beat the Black Bears (1-2) in Grand Forks, N.D. Blood and Knight each had a goal and an assist. Brad Eidsness made 30 saves for North Dakota.
• NORTHERN MICHIGAN 5, ST. CLOUD STATE 2: Andrew Cherniwchan and Reed Seckel each had a goal and an assist as the Wildcats (2-1) beat the Huskies (1-2) in Marquette, Mich. Reid Ellingson made 27 saves for Northern Michigan. Jarrod Rabey and Jared Festler scored for St. Cloud State.
• ALASKA ANCHORAGE 3, NEBRASKA-OMAHA 0: Rob Gunderson made 23 saves as the Seawolves (2-0-1) beat the Mavericks (1-2) in the Alaska Goal Rush tournament in Fairbanks. These teams open WCHA play against each other next weekend in Omaha.
• MASSACHUSETTS LOWELL 4, MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 2: Riley Wetmore's two goals helped the River Hawks beat the host Mavericks. Zach Palmquist and JP Lafontaine scored for Minnesota State, which got 33 saves from Austin Lee.
|Cincinnati - A. Simon||1:20 PM|
|Chicago Cubs - J. Samardzija|
|St. Louis - M. Wacha||6:05 PM|
|Washington - G. Gonzalez|
|Milwaukee - K. Lohse||6:05 PM|
|Pittsburgh - C. Morton|
|Toronto - D. Hutchison||6:05 PM|
|Cleveland - J. Masterson|
|LA Angels - J. Weaver||6:08 PM|
|Detroit - D. Smyly|
|Atlanta - A. Harang||6:10 PM|
|NY Mets - J. Niese|
|Baltimore - C. Tillman||6:10 PM|
|Boston - J. Lackey|
|NY Yankees - H. Kuroda||6:10 PM|
|Tampa Bay - E. Bedard|
|Seattle - C. Young||6:10 PM|
|Miami - N. Eovaldi|
|Chicago WSox - F. Paulino||7:05 PM|
|Texas - M. Perez|
|Minnesota - R. Nolasco||7:10 PM|
|Kansas City - J. Vargas|
|Philadelphia - J. Pettibone||7:40 PM|
|Colorado - T. Chatwood|
|Houston - J. Cosart||9:05 PM|
|Oakland - S. Gray|
|San Francisco - M. Cain||9:10 PM|
|San Diego - T. Ross|
|Arizona - W. Miley||9:10 PM|
|Los Angeles - Z. Greinke|