Joe Christensen covered Major League Baseball for 15 years, including three seasons at the Baltimore Sun and eight at the Star Tribune, before switching to the college football beat. He’s a Faribault, Minn., native who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 1996. He covered Jim Wacker’s Gophers for the Minnesota Daily and also wrote about USC, UCLA and the Rose Bowl for the Riverside Press-Enterprise before getting this chance to cover football again.
Email Joe to talk about the Gophers.
Gophers coach Jerry Kill gave a few injury updates after Wednesday's practice:
* WR Derrick Engel (knee injury) was able to catch some punts in practice. Kill hasn't ruled him out for Saturday but also said he couldn't go into much detail about the injury.
* G Caleb Bak remains out because of a concussion. Foster Bush will make his second consecutive start at right guard.
* RB Rodrick Williams (turf toe) is back to full health.
* S Cedric Thompson, who injured an ankle against Penn State, has been back practicing full-speed.
* LB Damien Wilson also was banged up in the Penn State game but he's been practicing, too.
|Sports (4)||Football (12)|
|College football (573)||Bowl games (18)|
|Gopher coaches (102)||Gopher quarterbacks (77)|
|Gopher recruiting (55)||Gopher road games (23)|
|Gophers disciplinary action (13)||Gophers injuries (88)|
|Gophers on TV (10)||Gophers preseason practice (66)|
|Gophers recruiting (23)||Gophers spring football (76)|
|TCF Bank Stadium (9)||The Big 10 (67)|
|NCAA: football (7)||Gophers game day (112)|
|Gophers postgame (48)||NCAA (17)|
|Gophers awards and honors (25)||Gophers post season (11)|
|Gophers roster moves (18)||Coaching (45)|
|Gophers player capsules (13)|