Most memorable quotes in Twin Cities sports history ...
• "I play when I want to play." Infamous quote, Part I, from Randy Moss. Whether he meant it exactly how it sounded is debatable, but he never backed away from it. It was part of the beginning of the end for him here in terms of perception.
• "When you're rich, you don't write checks. Straight cash, homey." Infamous quote, Part II, from Randy Moss. It came right after he was fined $10,000 for his fake moon at the playoff game in Lambeau. Not long after that, he was traded to Oakland.
• "My arms are more powerful than your guns." Classic quote attributed to ex-Viking Keith Millard after a fracas led to police involvement.
• "We'll see you tomorrow night." Famous Jack Buck home run call after Kirby Puckett's blast in Game 6 of the 1991 World Series. See, we can be positive, too.
•"I'm sitting in the house loading up the pump, I'm loading up the Uzis, I've got a couple of M-16s, couple of [guns] with some silencers on them, couple of grenades, got a missile launcher. I'm ready for war." Kevin Garnett before Game 7 of the 2004 Western Conference semifinals. He took some heat for the war analogy, but his 32 point, 21-rebound effort helped the Wolves win the game and series.
• "They're not doing anything for me. I'm at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed." Latrell Sprewell, starting the 2004-05 season off on a sour note. The Wolves have never really recovered from that season, which followed their trip to the Western Conference finals.
• "Nobody would want to be in my pants right now." Possibly our all-time favorite quote from a Minnesota athlete. In case you forgot, that was Juan Rincon after giving up a huge home run to Ruben Sierra in Game 4 of the 2004 ALDS. He probably meant "shoes," but it's so much better this way.
|Los Angeles - J. Beckett||6:05 PM|
|Pittsburgh - V. Worley|
|San Francisco - Y. Petit||6:05 PM|
|Philadelphia - R. Hernandez|
|Texas - N. Martinez||6:05 PM|
|NY Yankees - C. Whitley|
|Boston - J. Peavy||6:07 PM|
|Toronto - J. Happ|
|Miami - J. Turner||6:10 PM|
|Atlanta - M. Minor|
|San Diego - E. Stults||7:05 PM|
|Chicago Cubs - K. Hendricks|
|Cincinnati - H. Bailey||7:10 PM|
|Milwaukee - J. Nelson|
|Cleveland - D. Salazar||7:10 PM|
|Minnesota - Y. Pino|
|Kansas City - B. Chen||7:10 PM|
|Chicago WSox - S. Carroll|
|Tampa Bay - J. Odorizzi||7:15 PM|
|St. Louis - A. Wainwright|
|Washington - J. Zimmermann||7:40 PM|
|Colorado - Y. Flande|
|Detroit - R. Porcello||8:40 PM|
|Arizona - C. Anderson|
|Houston - B. Oberholtzer||9:05 PM|
|Oakland - S. Kazmir|
|Baltimore - M. Gonzalez||9:05 PM|
|LA Angels - H. Santiago|
|NY Mets - J. deGrom||9:10 PM|
|Seattle - E. Ramirez|
|Calgary||7/24/14 8:00 PM|
|Winnipeg||7/25/14 9:00 PM|
|Ottawa||7/26/14 6:00 PM|
|Toronto||7/26/14 9:00 PM|