The regular season is about to come to a midweek conclusion.
Wednesday marks the conclusion of the regular season, and a number of conference championships are still to be determined.
South St. Paul can wrap up the final Classic Suburban Conference championship — the league is disbanding after the 2013-14 school year — with a victory at St. Thomas Academy; St. Michael-Albertville travels to Rogers in a battle of unbeatens with the Mississippi 8 Blue Division crown on the line; Benilde-St. Margaret’s plays at Spring Lake Park for the North Suburban championship; Totino-Grace hosts Osseo for the championship of the Northwest Suburban; and Rosemount looks to finish 7-0 in the South Suburban with a victory over Lakeville North.
Metro Top 10
2. Maple Grove (7-0): The Crimson kept it simple Friday, rushing for 397 yards while throwing the ball just three times in a 49-14 victory over Coon Rapids.
3. East Ridge (6-1): Quarterback Seth Green passed for 159 yards and rushed for 56 more as the Raptors held off Stillwater.
4. Lakeville North (6-1): The Panthers leaned on their defense once more in a 24-0 victory over Eagan, their fourth shutout of the year.
5. Rosemount (6-1): A smashmouth showdown looms Wednesday as the Irish host Lakeville North with an eye on the South Suburban title.
6. Osseo (6-1): Does QB Matt Miedtke deserve a little more love? With 1,652 yards and 20 TDs passing and a QB rating of 124.8, the answer is a big, fat yes.
7. Totino-Grace (6-1): The Eagles have depth in the backfield. Nine different players carried the ball in their 57-21 victory over Armstrong.
8. Prior Lake (5-2): Good teams win when they don’t play their best, which is what the Lakers did in grinding out a 17-7 victory at Eastview.
9. Roseville (6-1): With a victory Wednesday at Mounds View, the Raiders would clinch at least a tie for their first Suburban East Conference title.
10. Wayzata (4-2): Take away the five turnovers and Wayzata went toe-to-toe with Eden Prairie. I believe the Trojans are far better than they showed Friday.
Others receiving consideration: Minnetonka (5-2), Cretin-Derham Hall (5-2), Chaska (Class 5A, 7-0), South St. Paul (Class 4A, 7-0).
|Kansas City - WP: J. Vargas||6||FINAL|
|Cleveland - LP: C. Kluber||2|
|Toronto - LP: M. Castro||5||FINAL|
|Boston - WP: K. Uehara||6|
|Tampa Bay - LP: B. Gomes||1||FINAL|
|NY Yankees - WP: J. Wilson||4|
|Washington - LP: D. Fister||4||FINAL|
|Atlanta - WP: E. Stults||8|
|NY Mets - WP: C. Torres||3||FINAL|
|Miami - LP: S. Cishek||1|
|Milwaukee - LP: J. Nelson||6||FINAL|
|Cincinnati - WP: J. Marquis||9|
|Pittsburgh - LP: V. Worley||0||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - WP: J. Hammel||4|
|Seattle - WP: T. Walker||3||FINAL|
|Texas - LP: Y. Gallardo||1|
|Detroit - WP: D. Price||5||FINAL|
|Minnesota - LP: T. Milone||4|
|Philadelphia - WP: C. Hamels||4||FINAL|
|St. Louis - LP: J. Lackey||1|
|Colorado - WP: T. Matzek||5||FINAL|
|Arizona - LP: C. Anderson||4|
|Houston - WP: P. Neshek||9||FINAL|
|San Diego - LP: J. Benoit||4|
|San Francisco - LP: T. Lincecum||3||FINAL|
|Los Angeles - WP: C. Frias||8|