Kriegler lifts Blaine past Park Center
• BLAINE 2, PARK CENTER 1: Sam Kriegler responded under pressure Thursday. The senior second baseman delivered a run-scoring single with one out in the top of the seventh inning, giving the Bengals a come-from behind victory over the Pirates in Northwest Suburban Conference play. Junior Kyle Hamby walked to open the inning and was sacrifice bunted to second, setting the stage for Kriegler. Blaine tied it at one on senior Davis Bryan’s run-scoring double the previous inning. Senior Dustin Burfeind went the distance on the mound for Blaine to pick up the win. He allowed five hits while striking out nine and walking two.
• EAST RIDGE 4, WHITE BEAR LAKE 1: Winning pitcher Chris Richardson limited the Bears to three hits over six innings as the Raptors won the Suburban East matchup. He struck out seven. Sophomore Carter Stoehr went 2-for-4, including a double, for East Ridge.
• SIBLEY EAST 3-3, MAYER LUTHERAN 0-4: Wolverines junior Brody Rodning threw a no-hitter in the opening game as Sibley East split a doubleheader with Mayer Lutheran in the Minnesota River. He struck out 15.
• ELK RIVER 5, PARK CENTER 1: The Elks’ No. 6 and 7 hitters, freshman Jayme Langbehn and junior Anna Pipenhagen, drove in all five runs in the Northwest Suburban victory over the Pirates. Langbehn went 2-for-3 with three RBI while Pipenhagen had a two-run double. Pipenhagen was also the winning pitcher, allowing one hit while striking out seven in going the distance.
• ANNANDALE 10-12, NEW LONDON-SPICER 1-0: Bree Ahsenmacher limited the Wildcats to five hits in the two games as the Cardinals swept the Wright County doubleheader. The senior threw a three-hitter in the opener and two-hitter in the nightcap.
• OSSEO 3, COON RAPIDS 1: Winning pitcher Courtney Calkins drove in two runs in a three-run fourth inning, leading the Orioles past the Cardinals in the Northwest Suburban. Calkins had three hits on the day, while also throwing a three-hitter.
• VISITATION 18, ST. PAUL ACADEMY 0: Freshman Sarah Otto picked up her third victory of the season as the Blazers shut out the Spartans in the Tri-Metro. Otto threw a one-hitter while striking out 10 in the five-inning game due to the 10-run rule.
• MINNEAPOLIS WASHBURN 5, MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 2: The Millers clinched the Minneapolis City title with a victory over the Polars. Washburn is 11-1 overall and 6-0 in the conference.